Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the TCX for the interval workouts are unavailable?

Hi,

I've verified this behavior both with the Web API and on the fitbit dashboard.

Let's say I have an interval workout recorded with GPS available (link: https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/53382756887😞

1. I can see the GPS data on the dashboard, so the location has been saved.

2. I can click on the "Export as TCX data" in the activity page.

Here's the response:

"validation - logId - Could not convert activity log 1.1 to TCX"

I tried to workaround this problem using the Web API, but when I request the User Activity TCX for an interval workout, the response is the very same even through the Web API.

Am I missing something?

Googling a bit the only think I can find are 2 posts on this forum of people complaining about the very same problem (4 years ago).

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @pgaleone,

Sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. So I can investigate, can you provide me with the exact steps to reproduce using the Web APIs?

I'd like to see the HTTP request you executed, as well as the HTTP response you received. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JohnFitbit 

A authenticated request to https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/activities/53382756887.tcx?includePartialTCX=true. This link is found in the field "TcxLink" of a tracked activity (an interval workout).

This is the response "validation - logId - Could not convert activity log 1.1 to TCX"

I can get the TCX of every activity I tracked, but this doesn't work for interval workout activities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pgaleone Thanks for providing me with that information. Let me do some testing to confirm if this is only affecting interval workouts. If I can reproduce it, I'll create a ticket and report it to engineering.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much @JohnFitbit - please keep me updated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pgaleone I was able to reproduce the issue and confirmed this was a bug. I'll submit a ticket to engineering and update you when I have more information. The TCX points should be included whether or not GPS data is present when the "includePartialTCX" query parameter is set to "true". When set to "true", i receive the error message you provided.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Best Answer

That's great, thanks @JohnFitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes