Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does fitbit app work with iOS 15 shortcut's ?

I am building a webapi based data collector for a research project. To get the best experience we want our study participants to sync often. Asking patients to manually start the app after reboot the phone is very error prone. User potential will go dark for days, weeks maybe even longer

apple has a short cuts app. I tried to configure it so that when ever they start charging their phone the fitbit app would already start. This does not seem to work? maybe Fitbit has to do something so that the app will work with short cuts?

Anyone know if the android os has something similar?

Kind regards

Andy

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @aedwip,

I'm not sure if you can use Shortcuts with the Fitbit mobile application.   However, what some people do is provide reminders to their participants if they have not received data in a while.   I would recommend implementing the Subscription API (if you haven't done so) so you receive a notification when a user syncs their data.   This way you don't need to poll our services looking for new data.   You could implement a counter that restarts when you receive the notification.  If you haven't received a notification is a certain amount of time (e.g 24 hours), send the user a notification via your app, text, email, etc. asking your participants to sync their device.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes