Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit API Integration With Integromat (Make)

ANSWERED

I've been searching all over the web for a tutorial on how to connect Fitbit with Integromat. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck!

Integromat (now called Make) allows you to create an OAuth 2.0 Request through their system to interact with virtually any API you'd like.

I was able to do this with a handful of other API's, but I'm having a really tough time with Fitbits API.

Here are the options they give you (I've bolded the ones I've selected and filled in the ones I've added myself):

Flow Type:   Authorization Code / Implicit

Authorization URI:   https://www.fitbit.com/oauth2/authorize

Token URI:   https://api.fitbit.com/oauth2/token

Scope:   heartrate nutrition sleep activity

Client ID:   <MYCLIENTID>

Client Secret:   <MYCLIENTSECRET>

Authorize parameters:

Access token parameters:

Refresh token parameters:

Custom Headers:

Token placement:   In the header / In the query string / In both the header and the query string

Header token name:   Bearer

I have left Authorize parameters, Access token parameters, Refresh token parameters, and Custom Headers all blank as none of the other API's I have used required anything in these fields, and I am not sure what to put here after looking through the Fitbit API Documentation.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make this work? I know it's possible, I am just having a hard time figuring it out! 

Thanks in advance!! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SLDev 

Even though the other APIs you've used don't require some of those parameters, Fitbit's API does.   My suggestion is to provide the information for Authorize, Access Token, and Refresh Token.  I'm guessing you would need to only add the parameters that you haven't filled in yet.  

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @SLDev 

Even though the other APIs you've used don't require some of those parameters, Fitbit's API does.   My suggestion is to provide the information for Authorize, Access Token, and Refresh Token.  I'm guessing you would need to only add the parameters that you haven't filled in yet.  

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes