Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get time duration of steps and other activities ?

ANSWERED

hi, Every one

I am new in fitbit APi development and by using it I am able to find the steps, calories and distance but now i want to find time duration for that perticular distance but after trying so may things i am not able to get time duration as it is display in my dashboard so please guide me how can i get time duration which is displayed on my dashborad? 

I can get calories and steps and distance though call of bellow links:-

"https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/activities/calories/date/today/1d.json

"https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/activities/steps/date/today/1d.json

"https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/activities/distance/date/today/1d.json

thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can use the Get Activity Summary endpoint for that. Active minutes is a sum of veryActiveMinutes and fairlyActiveMinutes values in that endpoint.

@tristate wrote:
one more thing i want to know that can i directly connect fitbit device to my ios application and syncronize user's data withoute calling fitbit api ? or should i need to call fitbit login authentication compulsory ?

The only way to access a person's Fitbit data is via the Web API.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@tristate: What do you mean by "time duration for a particular distance"? Can you give a screenshot of what you see in the dashboard that you want to recreate?

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry for late reply,

yes here i am attaching you screenshot that whta exactly i want.

todays information

as you can see i want active minuts for today. so can i get this directly by calling Fitbit api or not? 

one more thing i want to know that can i directly connect fitbit device to my ios application and syncronize user's data withoute calling fitbit api ? or should i need to call fitbit login authentication compulsory ?

by the way thanks for your reply !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can use the Get Activity Summary endpoint for that. Active minutes is a sum of veryActiveMinutes and fairlyActiveMinutes values in that endpoint.

@tristate wrote:

The only way to access a person's Fitbit data is via the Web API.

Best Answer

ok now i got your point.

thanks for your time.

thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, regard

sorry for asking new question at here but what to do ? i have search and strugled but still not finded from where i can ask questiong. i know previously i have already ask some questiong but please make this option little more broad that it can display easily so we can ask question easily. now come to the point till now i have implemented code grant flow and its working well but now i need to use implicit grant flow so i have changed some code and request and able to get access token but know i dont find any example of implicit grant request so can you please provide me one request example or doctument regarding to this .

thanks for your help !!

Best Answer
0 Votes