Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use API to get data from fitbit

Hi, is there any API I can use to get the raw real-time data from my fitbit smartband, like heart-beat, activity tracking, calories? Updating every several minutes is also acceptable. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Kurosaki.  Would you clarify which device you mean by "smartband"?  Do you mean the Ionic or Versa?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - I have a similar question. I have seen examples of people accessing raw heart rate data from the Alta HR using a web API, and I would like to access the intraday sleep and activity data in a similar way. Is this possible for the Alta HR? If so, must one build her own API? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's the information from our documentation on accessing Intraday data.

Get Activity Intraday Time Series

Access to the Intraday Time Series for personal use (accessing your own data) is available through the "Personal" App Type.

Access to the Intraday Time Series for all other uses is currently granted on a case-by-case basis. Applications must demonstrate necessity to create a great user experience. Fitbit is very supportive of non-profit research and personal projects. Commercial applications require thorough review and are subject to additional requirements. Only select applications are granted access and Fitbit reserves the right to limit this access. To request access, fill out the form here

This endpoint returns the Intraday Time Series for a given resource in the format requested. The endpoint mimics the Get Activity Time Series endpoint. If your application has the appropriate access, your calls to a time series endpoint for a specific day (by using start and end dates on the same day or a period of 1d), the response will include extended intraday values with a 1-minute detail level for that day. Unlike other time series calls that allow fetching data of other users, intraday data is available only for and to the authorized user.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes