Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 day old fitbit zip showing half battery gone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2 day old fitbit zip showing half battery gone, is this normal ? 

Please advise, I have done all the suggested things .. but the little battery level is still half way down, this is the battery that came with the zip.

Am I missing something ? I did  turned auto sync off .. will it be better to leave the auto sync on for the battery ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
After reading others who have had replys ! I have put a paper disk between the battery and case, so far it seems to revived my battery life. Fingers crossed it works.
How do you post so you get help in the forums ?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @immortalis! The Zip's battery should last up to 6 months with regular use, so this is not the expected behavior, especially with a new tracker. I realize that you did a workaround and it's working now, but this is not the experience we want for you.  

I recommend contacting support so they can investigate and evaluate the best option for you. In order to get a fast response, you can contact them via phone at (877) 623-4997 M-F 4am-8pm // Sa,Su 6am-5pm (PT) or via chat. I'm sure they will be glad to assist.

Keep me posted! Let's make 2016 amazing! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Thank you ... thank you for the reply @CindyFitbit I am very new to Fitbit an the forums, so thought I must have hidden my request for help somehow ! 

I have added the little disk of paper between the cover door and the battery and it appears to be showing a full battery on my app and no battery showing on my zip. So seems to have sorted out the problem. 

I know this is only my third day with the zip, but I have to say I am so impressed that such a small device can work so well (apart from the battery, that is LOL) 

I will contact support as suggested tommrow, I am in Scotland (UK) so think it best via email .. or chat. 

As your tag line says ... lets make 2016 amazing 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great @immortalis! I'm so glad to hear that you are already an active member within our Community. Believe me that is encouraging to me to hear that the Fitbit experience have helped you to feel better and to be more active. 

Keep the stepping up! Heart

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9
Ok .... Now it's showing a full battery ! Happy days
Best Answer
0 Votes
But on my little zip itself it has a line through the battery icon ..... Help
Best Answer
0 Votes
I now have an email telling me to replace the battery ...
Guess I have a problem here !
Best Answer
0 Votes
After reading others who have had replys ! I have put a paper disk between the battery and case, so far it seems to revived my battery life. Fingers crossed it works.
How do you post so you get help in the forums ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @immortalis! The Zip's battery should last up to 6 months with regular use, so this is not the expected behavior, especially with a new tracker. I realize that you did a workaround and it's working now, but this is not the experience we want for you.  

I recommend contacting support so they can investigate and evaluate the best option for you. In order to get a fast response, you can contact them via phone at (877) 623-4997 M-F 4am-8pm // Sa,Su 6am-5pm (PT) or via chat. I'm sure they will be glad to assist.

Keep me posted! Let's make 2016 amazing! Woman Wink

Best Answer

Thank you ... thank you for the reply @CindyFitbit I am very new to Fitbit an the forums, so thought I must have hidden my request for help somehow ! 

I have added the little disk of paper between the cover door and the battery and it appears to be showing a full battery on my app and no battery showing on my zip. So seems to have sorted out the problem. 

I know this is only my third day with the zip, but I have to say I am so impressed that such a small device can work so well (apart from the battery, that is LOL) 

I will contact support as suggested tommrow, I am in Scotland (UK) so think it best via email .. or chat. 

As your tag line says ... lets make 2016 amazing 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are welcome @immortalis! Yes, in that case email or chat would be! You can always learn more about your Zip at the product manual, give it a look! 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!  

Hope to see you around as an active member! 

Best Answer
Thank you, yes the product manual was printed up a few days back and pinned to the fav wall ...
Have posted pictures of my dog summer in the discussion board yesterday and yes I look forward to sharing my story .. I have heart failure and T2 diabetes .. But have turned my health around and feel great and looking forward to putting my zip through its paces. I will give lots more info about this and how my zip is going to be a part of my new found health in the share your story part of the forums in a day or two .. Thank you again for your advice and help 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great @immortalis! I'm so glad to hear that you are already an active member within our Community. Believe me that is encouraging to me to hear that the Fitbit experience have helped you to feel better and to be more active. 

Keep the stepping up! Heart

Best Answer