Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes when not wearing Zip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has happened a handful of times now over the last couple of months.... I will wake up to my Zip having registered active minutes while I was sleeping (without it on my body). These extra minutes usually get logged between 7 and 8 am. The extra weird thing is that while it is accumulating these active minutes, it is NOT logging any extra steps. Thoughts??

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @mm1477 welcome to the Fitbit Community! I would like to ask where was your tracker placed when you noticed those active minutes? Sometimes when you leave your tracker near a fan or any other electronic device, the vibrations might record some false activity. Also can you please let me know if you manually logged any activity?  this can be the reason why it is not showing any steps only active minutes as some recorded activities don't give you credit for steps. 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had trouble with my ZIP for months.  At least once a week, after removing Zip from my body, the zip accumulates about 20,000 steps over night just sitting in my jewelry box where.  I place it in the same place every night.  This generally will happen on a Friday or Sat. morning to be more exact between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.  I have no reason why it does this and sometimes it takes 2 to 3 days to register back to zero in the morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @judyhamilton10, welcome aboard to our Community. As my friend @AngelaMa, mentioned before. It might be the place  where is left your tracker. Make sure there us nothing that could caused vibrations like a fan or even a computer.

Please take a look at @PureEvil's post where he explain more in detail this issue.

After read that post, try to locate your tracker in other place where it stays isolated and see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes