Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Zip to old account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently lost my fitbit zip while on vacation. I purchased a new one today and wanted to find out if I could link the new zip to my existing account or will I have to start a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the forums @hhuck

Set it up as a new device on an existing account. Your history will be there waiting for you to add to it with steps taken on the new Zip.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,   I lost my Zip.  I got a new Zip.  I linked the new Zip with my established account.   The FitBit account is showing my steps and logs and activities.   BUT the information is no longer going to Power of Vitality.   What step am I missing?   I want my Vitality points. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @Odyssey13! 😉 Nice to see you here @Fitsheryl! To restore your Vitality integration, please visit the online Vitality support page: www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Vitality Support.

Let me know if you have any Fitbit related questions, I'll be happy to help. Smiley Very Happy

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
Alas I am not a financial advisor so the discovery link is not for me.
I checked in with Power of Vitality and it still does not "see" my fitbit.
It appears under Manage My Devices. But the fitbit steps are not being
reported to Vitailty. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @FitsherylTo further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Best Answer
I tried delinking. I linked it back. There was no change.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Fitsheryl! I really appreciate that you are taking the time to fix this. I think that at the moment your best option is to wait for Support to contact you via email, they will reach you at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Best Answer

So.  I disconnected from Power of Vitality.  I waited and then reconnected my fitbit.   It did not work.  HOWEVER, after 24 hours it apparently reset.  I am now connected and recording again.  Thank everyone for your assistance with this frustrating matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @Fitsheryl! So good to hear that you are back on track! 🙂 If you need further assistance with your Fitbit, please let me know I'll be happy to help.

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer

I lost my FitBit.  I bought a new one.  Trying to pair it with my iPhone.  Instructions in help article say to go to Dashboard and click on Account icon.  When I do (on computer), I don't see any Account icon.  Top center there is a link "Have a new device to set up? Start here."  That took me to downloading an app from Google, App Store or Windows Store.  I clicked on App Store but that only downloaded Apple iTunes.  Next options (don't have mobile device, Aria, Ultra) didn't seem to apply.  How do I pair new FB with iPhone?

........Disregard last post.  Got it synced directly through iPhone app; ignored trying to do it through computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @KayEllenFit! Thanks for the update, so good to hear that you are back on track. I really appreciate that you have let me know that you were able to sync your tracker using your iPhone.

If you have questions about how to setup your tracker in any platform you can take a look to this setup guide

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 

I hope to see you around more often! 🙂 

Best Answer

Have an existing account. Got a second Zip. Followed every direction that I can find. Not finding a link to add a device on my existing account or letting me setup as a new device. I assume that I am missing something that should be obvious, but after multiple attempts, I give up. HELP! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Technite  you can't have two of any style device on your account. Is that what you're trying to do?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes