Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Issue and Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings! I see several people are having issues with their battery for the Zip.  Not only am I having to change my battery too often, the last two times I have changed the battery I have lost steps.  Today I lost over 3,000 steps on my count just because the battery indicated it needed changed.  Frustrating!! I tried to register my steps to my dashboard prior to changing the battery, but for some reason it would not sync after trying it several times.  I have never had that problem, so I thought it may be due to a low battery.  Is anyone else experiencing this same problem.  My fitbit is used every day and it is not quite 2 years old.  Thoughts?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Reference the above post; I am concerned about the lost steps.  That is what I am needing a response on.  Are other users having lost steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Resolution is still pending.  Sought assistance from the Help Fitbit Team.  At this time it seems the resolution is unknown; trying different things.  I was hoping to find out if others were experiencing lost steps, or if this was an isolated problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue has gone on way too long. Fitbit needs to offer us an alternative, perhaps another model at a good discount?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues as many others. I have changed my battery 3 times this week. I did a mile and a half walk with an 11 hour shift, on my feet, but my Zip told me I had done 4966 steps!!!! Very frustrating, we need a solution.

Best Answer

I am on my 3rd battery in 3 months. I've tried pulling up/pushing down silver tab that touches battery to no avail. I just put in my last one two days ago and it already is showing orange for low battery! Getting fed up with this!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the only solution is a product recall by Fitbit with a significant discount to buy another product. The Zip is clearly a product with problems that Fitbit is completely unable or unwilling to solve. We have all been frustrated for too long and spent too much on batteries. Let's all pressure the company - it's our money and if they had any sense of customer service they would do something other than tell us over and over to check the battery terminals.

Best Answer
Good idea, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any different response from them. I've been a "loyal" Fitbit Zip user and even have had some friends get one. That won't be happening again, quite the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too.  Can’t afford to keep buying batteries 

@Playthru wrote:

I am on my 3rd battery in 3 months. I've tried pulling up/pushing down silver tab that touches battery to no avail. I just put in my last one two days ago and it already is showing orange for low battery! Getting fed up with this!!!

Me too. I can’t Before buying batteries every couple weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found that there are batteries much cheaper on Amazon; however, I’m not sure I want to deal with the need to frequently change them. I also just had a problem with it not recording my steps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve found that using the thicker batteries is the answer. I have had no issues since inserting a CR2032.
I hope this helps.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
For me I believe Fitbit solved the problem. I also turned off auto sync and have had the same battery in since 9/17. It originally went down to 25% within days but since I turned off auto sync it went back to full and is just now started to show loss of power. I have found that I don't replace it immediately once it shows a replacement is needed as I can often get weeks more out of the battery. I'm using the 2025 as recommended.
Best Answer
0 Votes