Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Replacement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Zip that was given to me as a gift. I really enjoy using this device. It appears the battery needs replacing but I am unable to remove the casing to change it. I took it to a jeweler and they also so attempted to do the same but was unable to do so as they did not want to damage it. What do you recommend I do at this point to get the battery replaced?

Sincerely, 

Glen

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @glomaxx1078  the only way to replace the battery is to get inside the Zip. If your jeweler was reluctant, I'm sure they didn't want to break it due to insurance regulations. You'll have to do try it yourself. Many have used a coin to unscrew it, but it sounds like it could be stuck. Could it be the battery has corroded ? I'm not sure there is an easy answer for you other than for you to just try to do it slowly at home. Wishing the best for you and please let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Thanks for your quick response to my email. I will follow your advice and try once again to open it and will let you know what happens on my second attempt.

Thanks for your recommendation
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know if the daily data will be lost when replacing the battery in the Zip?  For example, I have 9,000 steps so far today with a goal of 10,000 / day.  If I replace it now, will I lose the 9,000 steps and and to start over for the day?  If so, I'll replace it just after midnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a follow-up to my previous message regarding the replacement of my battery for my Fitbit Zip I attempted to remove the battery unsuccessfully and finally called Fitbit for possible resolution and was advised the warranty for this product has expired and it appears the Fitbit has been rendered defective. While Fitbit was unable to resolve this problem they did recommend the purchase of a comparable product. 

Once again, thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Sorry your Zip died @glomaxx1078 .  You have an idea if you're going to try the Inspire with the optional clip? It doesn't take button batteries, so you wouldn't have to worry about removing the outer case. Let us know what you do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Grogman2002  usually syncing before changing the battery is best. My friend has a Zip and she says she doesn't lose the steps if she does change the battery before syncing. What did you end up doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you won’t lose any data when replacing the battery.  Opening up the battery compartment is easy.  Use a quarter and turn according to the diagram on the back of the Zip.

Best Answer
0 Votes