Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Zip since Christmas and I have gone through 6 batteries since. I've tried resetting my zip multiple times, different brands of batteries and I've checked the metal tab in the back. However I can't seem to get the battery to last anymore than a few weeks at a time. There have been times it flashes that there's a low battery, just after I put a new one in. Any other suggestions? I've lost so many steps along the process and I'm getting really frustrated. Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

You've lost steps? Resetting the Zip will do that.

Try turning off all day sync on your phone. This has a definite impact on battery life.

At night, don't store your Zip near your phone or the computer with the dongle.

Consider ignoring the warning messages about low battery, until you've gotten about 2 months on a battery.

Buy your batteries in 5 or 10 packs from Amazon, from a recognized brand (I use Energizers). So cheaper.

I ignore several low-battery warnings in a row (however, if you see a low battery indication *on your Zip* itself, change the battery right away). When the battery gets lower (but still working) it has to be closer to your phone or dongle in order to sync.

If you have access to a voltmeter, check the voltage on the batteries before you put them in (someone reported here recently a CR2025 battery that showed 2.95 volts when it was "new", which for sure is not a new battery. They should read about 3.3 volts, new).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have ignored the flashing battery signal every time, and that seems to be why I've lost steps because it just shuts off until I replace the battery. I have yet to get 2 months out of any battery. 🙁
I will try keeping my zip away from my phone at night and see if that helps. I just changed it again today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

One other thing that seems to drain the battery more quickly is logging a lot of steps each day.

Are you over 10,000 steps per day, on average?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly no, haha. Usually I'm between 7,000-8,000 each day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @SunsetRunner! 😉 Great to see you here @Ntidman! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Fitbit Zip and for all the troubleshooting you have preformed. To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer