Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip just died with no warning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my zip for 2.5 years. The battery has never held the time it is supposed to. I have to change it about every 6 weeks. Anyway, I was out shopping and noticed no screen on the zip. Nothing, nada. Get home and change the battery, nothing, nada. After tapping it numerous time it finally gave a screen. All my steps for today are gone. It now says it is 8:00 ( it is 3:00 in the afternoon!) and seems to have a fresh step count. I think this thing has died!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

After you installed the new battery, when the Zip display finally came on, did it display a number (5.86), and then an animation of a little face?

If so, the battery tabs might have gotten bent when you installed the new battery. The time is wrong because your Zip has forgotten everything it knew, both your steps and the current time.

Here's Lucy's post for how to fix the battery tabs.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Zip/Early-low-battery-warnings/m-p/2001361#M27799

Re-install your new battery, and then sync your Zip. It should correct the time when it is successful.

Best Answer

This is exactly what just happened to mine. Very frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the assistance @SunsetRunner! 😉 Welcome to the forums @Barbienj and @rjpool@Barbienj If after this your Zip continues behaving as you describe, please let me know so I can be of help. 🙂 

@rjpool Have you checked and tried the suggestions by @SunsetRunner in his previous post? If so, please let me know. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer