Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assemble my new Fitbit Zip?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sorry if this is a dim question but I can't see how to assemble my Fitbit Zip. Can anyone direct me to a link with diagrams: how to open the back and put the battery in: how to get it into the rubber holder etc. 

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome @chrispudd to the Forums! I'd love to help. This is what’s you’ll find in your Zip's box:

1. Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker
  2. Clip
  3. Battery door tool
  4. Wireless sync dongle
  5. 3V coin battery, CR2025partszip.JPG

To insert the battery: 

1. Remove your Zip from its packaging and then use the battery door tool to unlock the battery door. Insert the tool into the slot on the back of the unit, and turn the door counterclockwise to remove it.
  2. Once the door has been removed, insert the provided battery into the back of the unit, with the “+” sign facing up. The battery will rest in the center of the compartment.
  3. Once the battery is in place, align the arrow on the battery door with the ‘unlock’ icon on your Zip to put the battery door in place. Use the battery door tool to ‘lock’ the battery door by turning it clockwise until the arrow on the door lines up with the ‘lock’ icon.

battery.png

4. Once the display comes on, you will be ready to proceed with setup. The device version of your              Zip will appear on the display, followed by a series of smiley faces, which are used to represent              your activity level. The display will remain on for 30 minutes after inserting the battery.

5. Take the wireless sync dongle from the box and plug it into a USB port on your computer.

6. You are now ready to get started with setup.

To set up your Zip to your Fitbit account can follow this setup guide

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome @chrispudd to the Forums! I'd love to help. This is what’s you’ll find in your Zip's box:

1. Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker
  2. Clip
  3. Battery door tool
  4. Wireless sync dongle
  5. 3V coin battery, CR2025partszip.JPG

To insert the battery: 

1. Remove your Zip from its packaging and then use the battery door tool to unlock the battery door. Insert the tool into the slot on the back of the unit, and turn the door counterclockwise to remove it.
  2. Once the door has been removed, insert the provided battery into the back of the unit, with the “+” sign facing up. The battery will rest in the center of the compartment.
  3. Once the battery is in place, align the arrow on the battery door with the ‘unlock’ icon on your Zip to put the battery door in place. Use the battery door tool to ‘lock’ the battery door by turning it clockwise until the arrow on the door lines up with the ‘lock’ icon.

battery.png

4. Once the display comes on, you will be ready to proceed with setup. The device version of your              Zip will appear on the display, followed by a series of smiley faces, which are used to represent              your activity level. The display will remain on for 30 minutes after inserting the battery.

5. Take the wireless sync dongle from the box and plug it into a USB port on your computer.

6. You are now ready to get started with setup.

To set up your Zip to your Fitbit account can follow this setup guide

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer

Thank you! Success.

Best Answer

You are welcome @chrispudd, it's good to hear that you are back on track! 😉 I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer