Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not lasting and syncing problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have to wait to the next day before it syncs. Every since you all updated my fit but has gotten worse. Between the battery issue of dying every month and now this issue I am looking at other trackers. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

A warm welcome to the Community @Magivk1968. If your tracker is not syncing, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. Now about the battery, I recommend double checking if you are inserting the battery correctly, if you are feel free to get in touch with our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have simular problems. My battery empties very quickly,  like every 3 weeks. When I change the zipper ain't resetting.

Like now just woke up, already taken over 7000 steps🤔. Over 0.31 meters....

No, I don't wear the zipper while sleeping.

What to do, to reset the zipper?

Taking out the battery doesn't help.

Greetings Annemieke

Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amieke79 welcome to the Fitbit family! By what you are describing, made me think that it could be that the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. Please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. 

You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed here. Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Battery not lasting will try support also another battery first

Best Answer

@dummy222 thanks for joining us! Hey, I'd suggest you try out a new battery before contacting support. After the new battery post me back with the outcome! :smileyhappy:

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues. My battery is lasting  less  time. Sometimes only a month. Use to last for much longer. Also getting some blank time where it doesn't record on phone. What is average life time of for bit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
anybody else know. I went and got a new one set me back money that I can not put out
Best Answer
0 Votes
new battery and lasted humf went and got another zip and on my way don,t know about the old one was only a year old
Best Answer
0 Votes
We'll today my battery died. So I replaced it, took pictures to proof I'm
not retarded.
Or its just languages problems and I read it differently.
But today I replaced my battery again...think it lasted for a little 3
weeks.
Also the synchronization ain't working again... Time is set on evening..
19u and it's 7u in the morning.
Steps are from yesterday... And still standing for today...
So... What can I do to improve (and to keep me motivated) the use of the
fitbit.

Hoping for a serious, honest answer!
Greetings Annemieke
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Curlit @dummy222 @Amieke79 thanks for getting back to me. Thanks for trying all troubleshooting steps. The best course of action would be contacting our Support Team for further assistance. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. Also, make sure you guys let them know that you've gone through the troubleshooting and specifying the steps you've taken. By doing that you'll be helping them to provide you with a quick follow up! 

Good luck and keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thank you for your help.
I very surprised about the help I got, and the service.
So thank you very much!
Greetings Annemieke
Best Answer

@Amieke79 thanks for getting back to me! I'm so happy to read that our Support Team was of great help! Happy stepping! 

On a different note, I invite you to visit our Discussions Section. In there you'll find lots of interesting topics and also you'll find hundreds of Fitbit friends. Smiley Happy

See you around! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I got a replacement for the same issues, and it won't sync .. looking at other brands now also..

Best Answer

I have tried all the suggested options.  I don't sync with my computer. I just sync to my note 4.  This is being an issue for me. I sat yesterday for over an hour trying to sync. This is my second fitbit. I bought a new one last year after spending 4 dollars a month on batteries. Thinkong i got an older model. That is not economicial. My fit bit keeps saying yellow on the battery but after it syncs it goes green.  Them back to yellow.No idea what the issue is but if this is going to be constant I will change to a different tracking device not a fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

change you tracking that may work out

Best Answer
0 Votes

@krm55128 thanks for joining us. That's not normal behavior. I suggest following these steps for troubleshooting syncing issues with your tracker. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. I'll be around! 

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Communtiy @Magivk1968! Have you tried restarting your tracker? That sometimes does the trick. Also, check that the side spring isn't bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. Please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. 

You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed here. Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Hey there @dummy222! Would you give me more details of what you're experiencing? I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found the battery reading on mine is all over the place.  What seems to affect the battery reading is temperature.  I find that if I am outside for a decent amount of time where it is below 40 degrees it will read medium or low.  After being inside for awhile and it has a chance to warm up and then it syncs showing full, that's my conclusion for inconsistent battery readings.  It is only measuring voltage and not the actual percent like the wrist trackers do and this is less accurate to begin with.  Syncing depends on the phone I've found, mine syncs perfectly with my S7, but I had issues with cheap or older phones.

Best Answer

Thanks for joining us in this thread and for sharing your experience with the rest of the community @derekmski101! What you're saying about the temperature is right, actually it's not recommended to charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold (in this case a Zip, it's not recommended to keep the tracker in extreme heat or cold), as this can affect battery life. Your Zip battery should last up to 6 months before needing a replacement. Let me know if you notice anything else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

(Not) lasting six months not even lasting a month got this one 3/14/ 17 3025 energizer Today is the 20th and have a notice to check battery!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes