Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not lasting and syncing problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have to wait to the next day before it syncs. Every since you all updated my fit but has gotten worse. Between the battery issue of dying every month and now this issue I am looking at other trackers. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

@dummy222 please note that frequently tapping your tracker to check your statistics may reduce battery life. Also, make sure you sync your tracker before replacing its battery, this is to prevent data loss. 

Double check that you're using a 3V coin battery, CR2025; this can be found wherever batteries are sold. Try replacing this battery your tracker came with and keep record when the battery drops below 25%, then a low battery indicator will show on your tracker display and dashboard. A flashing battery icon indicates that your tracker is very close to being completely out of battery life.

By what you're describing it made me think that perhaps your Zip had to do a long waiting since it was packed before you purchased it (maybe close to five or seven months). Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Last but not least,  please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. This sometimes happens when the side spring is bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. The process can be followed here.

Good luck and keep me posted with the outcome! Smiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Reading through these forums, it is clear that battery issues with the Zip are an ongoing unsolved issue. I received my Zip for Christmas, have gone through four batteries, and I'm done with it. I have tried all the suggestions; checked and cleaned the contacts, made sure all day synching is turned off, not tapping it all the time. Nothing works. Even before the battery dies, the battery level indicator is very inconsistent, it can show low, then go to high for a day or so, then back to 50% for a day, then start flashing low battery an hour later. Again, I have checked the contacts, and all the other suggestions in the FAQs and the forums. There is a problem with the product, and clearly has been for some years now. Maybe Fitbit's other products are good, but after dealing with the Zip, I'm done with all their products. It would be a nice product if it worked properly.

Edit:  I spoke with customer support, I will be trying a new Zip.  Hopefully I spoke too soon when I said I was done with Fitbit.  Given all the complaints over the past few years concerning the battery life, I'm not real hopeful the new one will be better, but I am impressed with their customer service.

I will try to remember to update how long the battery lasts on the new one, hopefully it will be a few months.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe lithium batteries are generally rated down to -40, that's MINUS 40 C/F (-40C = -40F).  Even when I'm out in freezing temps, I've been wearing the Zip close to my body.  If the operating temperature range of the Zip is so narrow that is shows low battery whenever the temp drops below 70F, it's a characteristic of the Zip rather than the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had battery & syncing problems with my 1st zip. After 4 battery replacements in as many wks and much frustration trying to get it to sync I contacted fitbit. 

I had a replacement inside a week no questions asked and this one is awesome. It's almost overly eager to tell me what I've done for the day

Best Answer

I got a fitbit zip for Christmas 2016 and have gone through six batteries already. I have cleaned my zip and fall owed other suggestions to no avail. Needless to say I'm rather frustrated. 

Best Answer

Hey BigA16 I feel your frustration. As per my reply get in touch with fitbit and hopefully they'll do the same as they did for me and replace it. My 2nd 1 is 200% better than the 1st. Good luck. Mitsi111 

Best Answer

Just a side bar, my Zip obviously doesn't like the cheap shop batteries, ie the $2 shop multi packs we have in New Zealand. Put one in yesterday and already saying its flat today.

Will have to go and buy better ones tomorrow by the look of things

Best Answer
good idea also clean contacts with isopropyl alcohol this all works
Best Answer
0 Votes