Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery short life and intermittent sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In addition to the above the slot on the  back which you have to turn to change the battery is now breaking due to constantly being opened and closed. I don't think it will be able to be opened any more as so much of the plastic has now worn away.

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for stopping by @JudeC! I think that restarting and checking the inside spring can be of help. Also, please try these tips to fix your syncing issues

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Lucy - the fitbit no longer opens as the plastic cover has worn away around the battery slot due to having to change the battery so  many times. The time varies - it is now 7:08 on the fitbit (actual time is 18:52) but sometimes it is only an hour or two wrong. No syncing for well over a week.

But once the current battery runs out I won't be able to use it as I can no longer open the back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit zip was a gift two years ago and has had two new batteries. It now won't work and since the last battery change, it has only synced intermittently. 

I am very upset about this and would like some answers.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @JudeC! I really appreciate the effort you have made to solve this. To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

@Jacqueline_ Welcome to the forums! Can you please confirm that you have tried my suggestions above? I'd love to help you get back on track. 

Let me know the outcome! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lucy,  sorry for the delay in replying. I have tried everything you suggested but still no joy. Where do I go from here? My daughter also has a Fitbit zip and has no problems with it at all, and it's older than mine.

Jacqueline

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting back @Jacqueline_! I really appreciate the time and effort invested to solve this. To better assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support (it'll be sent to the email used to register to the Community forums).

Catch you later! 

P.S. While you wait for Support, please take a look to our Warranty Policies

Best Answer
0 Votes