Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert activity to steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can you convert an activity to steps with the Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@AngieinConroe wrote:
Can you convert an activity to steps with the Zip

@AngieinConroeYes you can, here is a link to a table, input your time and it will give the total steps for that activity. But, keep in mind any manual step addition does not go towards your Achievements and Badges.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Unfortunately, the link above is no longer there.

Is there another link

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TNTShowtime   Here is another link..

It's a pdf file and you will need to get a feel for it to see if the accuracy will suit your situation..

This link has a few more activities with their step equivalent but I could not get the search to work.. It just wheelied but you can scroll through it..

Again, if you are in Challenges, your Badges etc, manually they are not included.  They will be included in your personal data

@TNTShowtime wrote:

Unfortunately, the link above is no longer there.

Is there another link

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thank you very much for replying  so quickly @Colinm39 

I’m in a 30 days fitness challenge and I practice ashtanga yoga, this is my 3rd year.participating  The new chart attached does not have ashtanga yoga.  I spent many hours searching the web but couldn’t find any chart that has it.  

The only site that has it which you posted a few years ago and it’s gone

i already emailed the support from that company and they have not gotten back to me yet 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TNTShowtime  Try this link...  When you work out your Calories using Ashtanga Yoga you can then use an exercise speed/hour in the same calculator to arrive at a similar calorie count for the walking or effort..

Then use this in the PC Activity Log for walking or running..... BUT... You log the Running or walking  using speed as the distance and that will calculate steps..

I chose 5kmh as the distance... for an hour for walking which gave me 6,250 steps

I then chose 5kmh as the distance for an hour for running which gave me 5,800 steps.. but closer calories..

But thinking when I was doing my planned walks, even HiiT etc the steps were similar and my actually calorie burn approximated the Yoga calculation..

So that's another way to do it.. go for an effort walk as a workout with your Fitbit and compare time, steps and calories..

@TNTShowtime wrote:

Thank you very much for replying  so quickly @Colinm39 

I’m in a 30 days fitness challenge and I practice ashtanga yoga, this is my 3rd year.participating  The new chart attached does not have ashtanga yoga.  I spent many hours searching the web but couldn’t find any chart that has it.  

The only site that has it which you posted a few years ago and it’s gone

i already emailed the support from that company and they have not gotten back to me yet 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TNTShowtime   When you fill the calculator in you need to strike the enter key when you enter the minutes in the selected activity..

When you do another calculation you have to fill everything in again....

Best Answer

@TNTShowtime   Here is a simpler calculator

Gives the same calories for me as the earlier calculator and then you can manipulate effort in the Walking or Running Manual activity to calculate steps.

In the drop down box for the Manual Activity you could play around with steps as the input and see what the calories are.... BUT Fitbit, odd results because with me if I put in 6000 steps it calculates the Calories as if I'm running and 5000 steps as if I'm walking. for the same time...  result 2,5 times the calorie burn in running for the same time..

Best Answer