Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged Case

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My case yet again is shredding,why do they keep shredding? How can I get yet another case? My case is normally in my pockets of my everyday shorts and my workout shorts. So how and why is these cases keep shredding? 

What is is the email address do I contact for them to send me another case? 

‘’Thank you.

tad annoyed 

Stacy Whitford

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @rabbiter, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks a million for sharing your experience! I'd like to add that whenever you're getting a Fitbit product it's best to check the list of official retailers first or confirm our warranty details to make sure about your purchase options. In this case, you might have to go back with the person that sold it to you to see if he/she has a proof of purchase and see more options from there.

Thanks for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Manymiles2014  the warranty is 365 days on these devices. You can always purchase a new case for them and they are in the Fitbit Store.

Support can be reached here - click for contact options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been wearing a Zip for quite a while and it seemed the halters do not last as long as they used too.

Ironically, in the early years when I had a halter go bad, Fitbit replaced it for free once or twice.

Now, I think they make you pay around $15.00. 

Still love the product, but I feel a bit scammed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rink23  try thinking of it in a different way. Take something you wear every day, like a pair of shoes. You put them on in the morning and take them off at night. They wear over time, shoestrings break, toes get scuffed and so on. Despite how much money I paid for my shoes, they don't give me new shoestrings when mine break. It's just something I know that may need replacing over time.

With the Zip (yes, I have one in the family) it gets clipped and unclipped sometimes several times a day. It is removed from the case for cleaning or battery replacement. Worn on the pants, it often hits up against rough surfaces. Over time, the case wears out and needs to be replaced. It's easy enough to do and is only a fraction of the cost of a new Zip. So don't feel scammed. I don't.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help @Odyssey13! 🙂 Welcome to  the Forums @Manymiles2014, and @rink23! I appreciate all your input about the Zip clip. Please be assured that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

@Manymiles2014 Upon checking with Support I was able to see that you have a case with them. The best option is to continue working with them. I'm sure they can continue helping with this. 

@rink23 To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf. You should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Please remember that Support will evaluate your case individually and make a decision based in our warranty policies. You can view our standard warranty at Fitbit.com/returns and our wear and care tips tips for extra information Fitbit.com/product-care

Catch you later! 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

My Fitbit entered the great beyond last night.

It fell off while I was out for a walk, it was night and I was on a dark stretch of road, I am pretty sure it bounced off my knee and I kicked it.

I thought it was a rock and did not notice it was gone until I returned home.

I retraced my steps and found it. But I am afraid it had been run over by a car as  it was stuck at a certain time and step count, no matter how many times I replaced the battery.

By morning, it was completely dead and unresponsive.

Now pondering, if I want to replace it with another Zip -- I went to at least a half-dozen local stores listed as retailers in the St. Louis area but none had the Zip -- or go with a wrist counter.

I am a big treadmill walker in bad or cold weather, so the wrist counter is not great for that from what I can tell.

I also have never been a watch wearer, or anything on my wrist for that matter, so that is another drawback.

But it appears the only place to get a Zip is from the company and who knows how much longer it is going to be around.

Maybe it's time to give the Flex HR or Charge a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @rink23! I appreciate the update about your Zip. Sorry to hear that your device is not working. However, to further assist you I have created a Support case for you. I'm sure they can help you to get back in track in no time. While you wait for Support to reply back, please make sure to check out our Warranty Policies

Keep me posted! 🙂 

P.S. If you'd like to know more about our different trackers and what is the best fit for you, visit our comparison page

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

My clip lasted only 6 days before the rubber back tore.  This was my 3rd Zip. 

I contacted customer service to report the tear and request a replacement.  Fitbit said they would not honor their warranty because the Fitbit was purchased through Ebay, not through an authorized reseller or sales channel. I informed them that I looked at ordering through Fitbit.com, but the Zip was a back-ordered item.I tried for 30 minutes but the only thing that they would offer, was another case for $15 plus free expedited shipping - no thanks.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @rabbiter, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks a million for sharing your experience! I'd like to add that whenever you're getting a Fitbit product it's best to check the list of official retailers first or confirm our warranty details to make sure about your purchase options. In this case, you might have to go back with the person that sold it to you to see if he/she has a proof of purchase and see more options from there.

Thanks for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer