Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Zip store data?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, new to Zippy but have had Flexy for nearly 4 years with no problems except breaking bands from twice weekly charge up.(He has gotten old and gone into retirement!!). What I want to know is, does the Zip store data from one day to the next like the Flex does? So if you are away, when back home to laptop can sync and see what did on what days? Or is it just for that one day? I noticed Zippy "noughts" himself at midnight (GMT) so if I forgot to look at what I walked have I lost it? With the Flex I seemed to clock up many more steps. Now I am the only one in my little group with a Zippy the others with wrist bands all clock up many more steps than me even though we do the same walk and used to clock up much the same amount on a walk, do you get more for arm swinging?.xx

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @olive114 nice to see you again. Smiley Happy

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Sorry to hear what happen to your Flex. Your Zip records and syncs data in the same way that your Flex used to do it and you may see a slight difference in step count than you would see when wearing your Flex; since they are worn in a different way. But the difference shouldn't be that many steps. You can read more information about this here:  How accurate are Fitbit devices?

If you're away for some days your Fitbit will collector the data and will keep it safe until you get the chance to sync it. We recommend that you sync your tracker or watch daily. As you might notice, your Zip resets your data to zero each night at midnight but for most devices, your minute-to-minute data is stored in your tracker for up to 7 days without syncing.  A daily summary of your activity is stored for up to 30 days. Smiley Wink

I'd consider checking some tips to improve the accuracy to recollect steps here: How do I wear my tracker?

I hope this helps your inquiries, but in case that you have more doubts about your Fitbit. Please let me know. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @olive114 nice to see you again. Smiley Happy

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Sorry to hear what happen to your Flex. Your Zip records and syncs data in the same way that your Flex used to do it and you may see a slight difference in step count than you would see when wearing your Flex; since they are worn in a different way. But the difference shouldn't be that many steps. You can read more information about this here:  How accurate are Fitbit devices?

If you're away for some days your Fitbit will collector the data and will keep it safe until you get the chance to sync it. We recommend that you sync your tracker or watch daily. As you might notice, your Zip resets your data to zero each night at midnight but for most devices, your minute-to-minute data is stored in your tracker for up to 7 days without syncing.  A daily summary of your activity is stored for up to 30 days. Smiley Wink

I'd consider checking some tips to improve the accuracy to recollect steps here: How do I wear my tracker?

I hope this helps your inquiries, but in case that you have more doubts about your Fitbit. Please let me know. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer