Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit Zip and sleeping steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I take my Fit Zip off at night and put it on the nightstand.  When I wake up in the morning it already has steps on it.  This morning it already had 122 steps.  Anyone know how this is happening?  Is there something I'm doing to cause this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to have you here in the Community @Texgal57, hope you're doing great! Is there a fan or other source of vibration nearby? A fan on the nightstand with the fitbit has been reported to cause phantom steps to be recorded by others.

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

You're very welcome my friend @Texgal57 Woman Very Happy! Let me know how it goes after.

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a nice start of the week! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

MarreFitbit,

I moved the Fit Zip off the nightstand and when I woke up there were zero steps!  Thank you for help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It's nice to have you here in the Community @Texgal57, hope you're doing great! Is there a fan or other source of vibration nearby? A fan on the nightstand with the fitbit has been reported to cause phantom steps to be recorded by others.

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

MarreFitbit,

Actually I have a white out machine on the same nightstand.  I will move my fitbit to a different location.  

Thank you for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome my friend @Texgal57 Woman Very Happy! Let me know how it goes after.

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a nice start of the week! 

Best Answer

MarreFitbit,

I moved the Fit Zip off the nightstand and when I woke up there were zero steps!  Thank you for help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing news my friend @Texgal57 Smiley Very Happy, I'm glad to hear we both could figure out what was the issue.

See you more often here in the Community, have a nice day sweetie Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes