Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Challenge and Step Discrepancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help me please !! My Zip tracker and dashboard are reading one set of numbers for me like today it says..4,400 steps taken but in my challenges it shows me as only taking 114 steps..this is very upsetting and has been going on for sometime. I would love to win a challenge one day but at this rate it does not appear it will ever happen for me!!! Please can someone give me some advice? I'm losing my love for this fitbit everyday! 😣💔

Moderator edit: Updated Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @MelissaT4, the most usual reason for a difference in steps on your dashboard from what's in the challenge is if you are manually logging steps/activities or syncing from a 3rd party app.  Only steps actually detected by your Fitbit will count towards challenges.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi there @MelissaT4 and I wonder how it goes this issue? @Julia_G is right about the challenges. Additional to this some other reason I can bring to this thread is your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). Along to this all challenge participants are not in the same time zone.

Hope this helps and keep us posted if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I view it under live data mode?
Best Answer

Hi @MelissaT4, to view your Dashboard in Live Data Mode is require it maintain a constant connection with your mobile device. You should be able to know when is in Live data Mode since it will show the word connected below the tracker's tile.

Connected.png

See you around and keep me updated if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since my app has crashed several times, I lose my routes and steps during syncing. Fitbit knows about the glitch but I am frustrated. I should have 125,065 steps so far but it shows 107,294. I have lost 17,771 steps. Is anyone still experiencing this problem also? And yes I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled, before all the techy people start suggesting that. I have been chatting with support on this. Another challenge lost for me when I know I am ahead. 

Charge User since April 2015, desperately need an updated Charge (super glue is finally giving up). Just got the Charge 2 (2/23/2017).
Best Answer
0 Votes