Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip battery usage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased and set up my Fitbit zip just 9 days ago and already my battery shows at 'medium'. I sought info on this web site/community postings and found that others are having the same problem.  I love this Fitbit zip as it is exactly what I was looking for right now to get started.  I've read posts that people were changing batteries regularly, no response from customer support, etc.  Others mentioned re-charging their Zip - is that accurate?  I didn't think the Zip was rechargeable.

Anyway, very disappointed in the battery situation right now - but otherwise I love this thing.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I agree totally: I LOVE my ZIP but HATE the battery drain. I thought I was losing my mind until I started keeping track of how much I was spending on battery replacement. Most recent battery went from totally full to 'low battery' so many times over the 8 day life of the battery before it really died yesterday... but, as always, taking a whole slew of steps with it. Yesterday I lost more than 5K steps between when my cell phone warned me of 'low battery' to where the Zip called it a day & natch', when you change the battery, everything syncs to the last reading on the cell phone. I was supremely ticked. And its not the first time. Whatever the problem with these devices, they need to fix it already.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @UrbanWalker and @NewZipMay17! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. To make sure that your tracker is working correctly, please restart it

I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will behave like you described when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

Keep me posted! Smiley Wink 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well my display is no longer turning off, that is why the batteries are lasting a week instead of 6 months.  I bought a brand new Zip, since my old one was out of warranty and not turning the display off.  Got the new one today, and low and behold it isn't turning off the display either!!  Talk about frustrating.  I am on the horn right now with support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told by customer services to log out on phone, take battery out of zip, leave 10 seconds then put in again, It did work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome tip @Shazzy007! 😉 Thanks for joining us @Weasel1127! Since you already contacted Support, I'd recommend you to keep in touch with them. Support can take a look into your account and see what's happening with your Zip and help further with this. 

In the meantime, you can try the suggestions on my previous post. Remember to let them know the troubleshot you already tried. 

Good luck and keep me posted!

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes