Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip's data synced to wrong day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I did a 5k Park run this morning and was on 8000 steps at least on last check,

Came home and snyced with app via my phone-not had any issues before- now my step cojnt says zero and my data appears to be under yesterday, as I didn't wear it yesterday so know the data is out.

I've reset my tracker and checked time zones etc and all ok.

Is there anyway to fix this?!

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Racheuk82 , did you by any chance put in a new battery and then use your Zip before syncing it?  That would explain it, because while it is out of charge, it doesn't know time has moved on... It just starts up where it left off and that would explain why your data synced to the wrong day.

The only way to move data from one day to another is to negate the data on the wrong day, and log it manually on the correct day.

Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @Racheuk82 , did you by any chance put in a new battery and then use your Zip before syncing it?  That would explain it, because while it is out of charge, it doesn't know time has moved on... It just starts up where it left off and that would explain why your data synced to the wrong day.

The only way to move data from one day to another is to negate the data on the wrong day, and log it manually on the correct day.

Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, No I hadnt changed the battery before the sync. I hadnt done anything different, so really puzzled why this happened. I took your advice and negated/reloaded by data, which is not entirely accurate but better than as it was.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have been using Fitbit zip since past few weeks I created account today..I tried sinking in my account and logging in my steps and i only see todays data not the previous few weeks ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
@jitin you need to snyc daily to log your steps
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Racheuk82 @jitin Smiley Very Happy! Thanks for helping out my friend @Julia_G, such a good point!

While reading your post, I'm assuming that your buddy forgot to reset itself at midnight and that's why you were seeing the day before yesterday's on your Dashboard and no new information. This issue should be solve this midnight @Racheuk82.

Moving to your question, once you've set up and started using your new tracker, you'll need to regularly transfer (sync) your tracker's data to Fitbit so you can see your activity history, earn badges, analyze your sleep logs, and more.

A daily sync is recommended but not required. All Fitbit trackers can record detailed minute-by-minute data for seven days, so if you're able to sync weekly your complete minute-by-minute-data will be available. Note that Fitbit Alta records minute-by-minute data for only five days. Daily totals are stored for 30 days for all trackers, so if you're only able to sync monthly you can still see your daily totals on your dashboard.

Keep in mind that this would work once the tracker is already linked to your account. Since you have been using your tracker since a few weeks, but the tracker wasn't linked that's why there's no data showing on your account.

Hope this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me on Wednesday 8/17. My activities logged for Monday 8/15 and  2 hours later. Very weird. No new batter; fitbit wasn't 'OFF', it happened right after I hit the 10,000 step mark for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was it the only time that happens @JulieRZepeda

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not help my problem as i did not get a new battery I have had fitbit Alta for less than a month and now it is tracking a day ahead. I checked time zone and it is correct. Today is sunday but it tracked as if I slept Sunday night already and times I went to sleep and woke are incorrect. However it worked fine up until a few days ago! Please help. 

Best Answer