Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip won't update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone!

So I have read through all the posts on here that says the update issue has been "solved" and none of the solutions solve my problem.

I opened my new Fitbit Zip last night and synced it easily with my phone. I then tried to update it, and it would not update. It then would no longer sync. I tried restarting the Zip, I tried restarting my phone, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing helped. It would not sync nor update now. I am using a Galaxy S8+ with the latest android software. The only way to get it to sync again was to delete the Zip from my account and repair it. 

I then went through the entire process again with my laptop, a brand new Lenovo Yoga, and had the exact same result. I also tried with my old laptop, also running Windows 10, and once again the same result. 

Since all of the suggestions don't work, I am not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

I never had these issue with my old Fitbit Zip nor with my Fitbit Aria.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for stopping by @cameronjcollins! I really appreciate all the time and effort invested to fix this issue. To better assist you, Please confirm that you are following these steps on your laptop: 

1. If your tracker came with a wireless sync dongle, make sure its plugged into a USB port on your computer (make sure that your phone's Bluetooth is off). 
  2. Unless you installed Fitbit Connect for the first time recently, verify that you're using the latest version:
    1. Click the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer.
      User-added image

If you cannot find the icon, you may need to reinstall Fitbit Connect from http://www.fitbit.com/setup.

2. Click Open Main Menu...
    3. Click Troubleshooting.
    4. Below the Fitbit Connect number, click Check for updates.
  3. Go back to the main menu and click Check for device update.
  4. When prompted, log in to your Fitbit account. Fitbit Connect will sync your tracker and then look for a firmware update. If an update is found, Fitbit Connect will display a progress bar until the update finishes. If your tracker has a screen, you'll also see a progress bar there.
  5. Keep your tracker close to the computer during the update, which may take several minutes. When the update is done you'll see a confirmation message and your tracker will restart. You're all set.

If this doesn't help, let me know. I'll be happy to get you back on track! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @LucyAP!
Thank you for the response. I will go through each part that you lay out. 

1. The wireless dongle is plugged in. I can sync my zip with the laptop okay. It just will not update.

2. I installed the fitbit program on my laptop the day before I wrote the original post. I have also uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice, so it should definitely be the latest version. As to the icon, it is not located next to my time in the notification area. I even went in to the settings section of the taskbar where you can choose which programs show up in this area, and there is no option for fitbit. It did not show up the first two time I installed it either. Because of this, I am not sure where to go, as nothing says "main menu" within the program. There is an option for "Help" but nothing there seems germane to our issue (and it just takes you to the website anyhow, which is of no help: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ATroubleshooting&fs=Searc...

Any insight on how to move forward from here? 

Best Answer
0 Votes