Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit still won't sync.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

3 weeks and my Fitbit Zip still won't sync after the Android update. Every time I call,  Fitbit says "their engineers are working on it". I believe they are not and just want me to upgrade my Zip. Anyone have another device I should try besides an Apple? This is my 3rd Zip and I have been a loyal customer, but I am tired of having to buy new ones because the "old" one won't sync.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

My zip hasn't synced since samsung update either. I didnt put the 2 together until now. Very frustrating. Any updates would be greatly appreciated 

Best Answer

Exact same thing for me. Looking for help as I have done all of the recommendations online.

Best Answer

Mine just stopped syncing a few days back as well. I have taken out the batteries and restarted it and it will sync briefly, but now I can't even get the zip to be recognized. My app just searches and searches. 

What's the solution? This is annoying. 

RuthBruin2002
Best Answer

Very annoying....1 month and it still doesn't work except to sync it with my computer. No calls, emails or a solution to the problem except "our engineers are working on it."

Best Answer

Which is the same response they gave 9+ months ago when they first became aware of the problem with Android 9. Combine that with the fact that the Zip is no longer listed on their website and the fact that there's a note at the top of these forums basically stating that they will no longer support the Zip community, it seems pretty unlikely that we're going to see a fix.

Best Answer

My wife and I both have Fitbit Zips.  They have generally worked well. However, as of last week, Our fitbits sync ok with the fitbit app BUT our steps do not make it to the Fitness Pal app. Also, the food that we enter on the Fitness Pal do not show up on the Fitbit Dashboard.  

For the past week we have gone into the "Add Exercise" tab and entered the time that we have walked or ran in order to get a calorie reading.  

Is there a general problem with fitbit/fitness pal or do I have to do something to make it work?

Best Answer

Super annoying.  Ever since my Samsung update it won't sync.  I keep getting directions on how to fix it but it only lasts for like an hour and then I am back to where I started.  Come on FITBIT - get you crap together!  

Best Answer

Obviously Fitbit doesn't care that their products are not syncing with the new updates on the Androids.  There have been numerous posts about this and no response from anyone at Fitbit with a solution.  Super disappointed in the lack of customer service response.  Come on Fitbit - help us out here!

Best Answer

I have had the same issue too. I am beyond frustrated. 

Best Answer

I've read everyone's comments. Yes, my Fitbit zip was syncing to my Samsung S9 until the numerous updates occurred this week (bought my new phone last week). Yes, my steps will update with the dongle but to always do that is inconvenient. But since the Fitbit app won't sync with my zip, my steps are not syncing with mywellness app from my gym. Any ideas of a similar device that works with my phone? People have been complaining since the beginning of the year. That's a long time for Fitbit techs to figure this out. Time for a different device.

Best Answer

Same issue as you...Zip not syncing.  thought the blutooth finally went out after 3+ years.  I too feel they are forcing out hand to buy an updated fitbit. Thanks but no thanks Fitbit.  Don't want another wrist wearable. 

PS - I have had a Samsung Gear 3 for over 2 years and love it! 

Best Answer