Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop Fitbit ads?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Never mind. Everything I want to say to you will just cause you to delete the post and there's no way to delete it. I just want to say that I HATE when you sign me out and change my dashboard from my info to YOUR ads.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @commname52  did you notice the banner at the top of this area before you posted?

"This forum is available for customer-to-customer support, but isn’t actively monitored by Fitbit Moderators. If you need further assistance, please visit our help site."

Anyway, ads are all over the internet, radio, television and streaming. My gas station even has ads on some machine next to the pumps. It's just part of what's out there. You can't delete your own post, but you can edit it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

The ads at the gas station, internet, radio, TV, etc. are not relevant to my point. I'm not complaining about advertising being everywhere in the ambient atmosphere, I'm complaining about Fitbit choosing to replace my Fitbit personal page with their garbage ads. A better comparison is Amazon. Yes, Amazon has ads throughout its site but NEVER does it put ads on the "my account" page. It's intrusive and dismissive of my rights to control what I see on the Dashboard.

I bought their product, it's my Fitbit. And the way to access the data collected is the Dashboard. If they want to refund the purchase price of my device then they can molest my dashboard with their ads. So far, they haven't offered to compensate me for their rude, predatory behavior of replacing my dashboard with their ads. 

Since you're so cool about advertising overtaking personal space, how about letting General Foods repaint your house with an ad for one of their products?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@commname52 you can be unhappy about it, as you obviously are, but Fitbit isn't going to refund the purchase price of your device because they display ads on your dashboard. I'm sorry you're upset, but you didn't need to be rude towards me.  As I told you in May 2021, ads are all over and it seems they still exist across the internet with various devices that people use. Ads are a way of life. Ever go to You Tube to watch a video or turn on a tv? Ads are part of life. Print magazines have ads. Junk mail and spam in emails have ads. It's just what's out there. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I'm not rude and you're missing the point and I suspect you know that and are choosing to miss it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Fitbit, I guess you really can't take the heat. How rude to be blocked by a device that I've purchased twice and use every day. Oh well, I guess the truth hurts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes