Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove steps while biking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit Zip "counts" steps while I'm riding my motorcycle. ON a day long ride, it counted 45,000 steps. How can I reset the step values in the dashboard so I can create a more "real" step count? I don't imagine there's anything I can do to get my Zip  to not count steps while I;;m on the bike, I just want to manually adjust the values at the end of each day to realistic numbers. Thanks!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Forums @SF925! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Fitbit Zip. At the moment this is a known issue by our engineering team and they are working to find a fix for this.

On bumpy trails it's possible that your device will register steps but these should be negligible (since in your case is large amount of steps you can try negating them). For your Zip, we recommend logging your bike ride manually to get the best calorie burn estimation. For more information see How do I track my exercise and activities with Fitbit?

We are really sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to get you back on track soon.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply. Is there a plan to allow someone to update the dashboard? 

You can see from the picture below, my "trend" is way out of whack because of those 4 days on the motorcycle (Friday, March 9th was a legitimate value, a 12 mile hike, that gets lost) . It would be nice to be able to plug in my own estimated number, and bring it all back to normal. (not to mention all the unearned "badges" I've been getting... 🙂 )Capture.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @SF925 and for the screenshot! At the moment, I don't have further information about this issue. And the suggested troubleshoot is the only workaround available at the moment. However, moderators will be  posting in the Forums any update as soon we have one. 

I'm really sorry for this inconvenience and I hope you get back on track soon. If you want to delete any badge, please let me know which ones so I can be of more help. 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are 4 years removed from this, is there any update? I rode my road bike for 5 hours today and have 25000 steps. This is clearly wrong and would not to be able to correct it. The fix here is very easy. You just let the user decide that any steps recorded during an activity that is also logged on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps recorded during another activity are removed from the logged Total 

Best Answer
0 Votes