Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take the fitzit zip to recognize the steps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

From work I received a 'mini elyptical' where you are able to sit on a chair and exercise similar to riding a stationary bike.  I used the machine for 1 minute to see if it would register on my Zip.  It's now been 16 minutes since doing it and still not showing up (I made sure to keep sitting at my desk so I know for sure if it picks up the movement).  Thoughts?  Is the Zip just not smart enough to recognize the movement and track it?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @bkkramer. It's great to have you here. Fitbit trackers are designed to track steps and activity level during step-based activities such as walking, running, or hiking. Though your body is in motion while on exercise machines like the mini elliptical, this activity doesn't require steps. 

I would recommend creating an activity log for activities where step count isn't the best indicator of activity level.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @bkkramer. It's great to have you here. Fitbit trackers are designed to track steps and activity level during step-based activities such as walking, running, or hiking. Though your body is in motion while on exercise machines like the mini elliptical, this activity doesn't require steps. 

I would recommend creating an activity log for activities where step count isn't the best indicator of activity level.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes