Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show monthly total steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi--I'm doing a challenge that requires me to send a screenshot showing my total # of steps this month. I can find the screen with the bar graph showing my daily steps, but I need something that actually shows the total number. Any ideas?
Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

You can go the activities tab in the log (you end up here: https://www.fitbit.com/activities )

Make sure the "steps" button is selected and enter the start and end date for the month. This should give you the total you are looking for.

Best Answer

How to do this in mobile app?

Best Answer

Awesome help @SteveH! 😉 Welcome to the Community Forums @duskov! In your app, to tap on the daily activity tile the goal you want to see. There you will be able to see your totals per week.

If you tap the bar chart it will display the totals per week, month, 3 months or 1 year. 

goals tile ios.jpg

steps weekly.jpg 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Thanks on the welcome. The will show average per day, not total. It would
be good if tap on “average” would switch between average and total.

Tried on iPhone.
Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Nope. the mobile app does not show you the number of steps in a Month.  Only the average.  

How difficult would it be to add this very useful feature?  How on earth did no one at FitBit ever think of this before?  I am I just a far-sighted FitBit genius?

Best Answer

Hi @dlwiii, welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I'd like to check some details with you since, I've checked the Fitbit app and I can see the total amount of steps and also the daily average. Open the Fitbit App >tap the tile of steps > Tap the graphic of the week > Chose the option 1 month > swipe right to see more dates.

Enero pasos.jpg

If you would like to pick exact number of days, you can use the option that our good friend @SteveH suggested here

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still having trouble with this ”totals” thing...I’m not seeing totals but only monthly average...could it be it is not available to me? I’m involved in a monthly challenge so I’d like to get this figured out before May 1. Thanks

Best Answer

Yes Fitbit this would be a very helpful feature on the mobile app!!!

Best Answer

Hi @Liz0103 and @Mtwidale nice to see you on the Forums. It's great to have new members around. Sorry for the delayed response.

As you can see on the picture posted above. The Fitbit app has the option to show the monthly total of steps and the average too. If you're not able to see this image, please make sure that your app is up to date and open the Fitbit App > tap the tile of steps > tap the graphic of the week > chose the option 1 month > swipe right to see more dates.

Keep me posted on the resolution and good luck on your monthly challenges @Liz0103

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get to the month but still not a total... just an average...no swipe right available

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I can get to the 1 month average but from there, there’s no swiping available. 

Best Answer

Same comment as Liz. I can get to the “1 month” option but it only shows the average daily step amount for the month, not total steps. See screenshot attached. 68A39E98-7251-47F0-A376-E8012161E7DA.jpeg

Best Answer

It only shows the average steps, not actual amount for week, month, or year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do u have iphon.

I have heard its a problem with iphons

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any plans to fix this? Seems pretty fundamental. My 4 year old Garmin did this seamlessly. Planning on switching to an AppleWatch when this Versa dies (again). It’s really disappointing to not be able to look at all the progress I’ve made. 😞

Best Answer

Same problem for me... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems iPhones app doesn't show total, only average per month, like the support staff showed in his/her screenshots. I can get monthly total on desktop dashboard, though.  I would also like to see monthly total on iPhone mobile app.

monthly & yearly totals available from desktop dashboard view.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
  • Screenshot_20200411-102842.pngAm I missing something here? For me it's a 2 click process I click on my daily steps. Then click on the top right square and boom. I can see my steps for the week, month, three month, and year.
  • Right now I am looking at my April total. 495, 975. It provides me that information seamlessly.
  • I can also compare it to other months without clicking it anywhere else. 
Best Answer
0 Votes