Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track bicycling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you set your zip so it automatically counts bicycle activity.  My wife's zip records her biking, but mine does not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Chlate. It's great to have you here. The Fitbit Zip was designed to track your daily:

- Steps taken
- Distance traveled
- Calories burned
- Recent Activity levels

If you would like to track bicycle activities, you can manually log them in your Dashboard. In this way you will obtain accurate readings.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Chlate. It's great to have you here. The Fitbit Zip was designed to track your daily:

- Steps taken
- Distance traveled
- Calories burned
- Recent Activity levels

If you would like to track bicycle activities, you can manually log them in your Dashboard. In this way you will obtain accurate readings.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

@Chlate wrote:

How do you set your zip so it automatically counts bicycle activity.  My wife's zip records her biking, but mine does not.

@Chlate If you are trying to track your efforts on the bicycle like your wife's I can only presume she is wearing her's on a different place. I found any of the clipons will register some steps (cadence) if worn on the thigh, others wear it on the ankle. But a more accurate calorie count I would suggest you use @EdsonFitbit suggestion.

Why not have your wife do a manual activity for Cycling and compare what her activity was in the way of calories for the same time and date.

It would be interesting to know the difference.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer