Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost battery cover

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've lost the back battery cover for my fitbit zip and now the device is useless... do you know if there is anywhere I can buy the tiny battery cover piece from?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hi @Badragna! Welcome to the Fitbit Forums! Thanks for reaching out. I've requested them to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Thanks for getting back to me @terpsfan1! I understand your grievances and that's why I wanted to explain to you that we don't have other option at this moment, and we need to follow the Fitbit policies and warranty options. Nevertheless, I will definitely pass all this feedback along; we do take all of your feedback seriously. 

Sorry for the time I took to respond. Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I know where you CAN'T get them from. After almost 45 minutes on the live chat on Fitbit, Phil let me know that I could get a 25% discount on one item or a 40% discount on another, but they don't have a one inch piece of plastic with a slot in it for the back of the Zip. How stupid is that. I wish you good luck finding yours. Mine is stripped and I can't even get it off now. I was hoping against hope that Fitbit would have them to replace them, should they break, strip or get lost like yours. So disappointed.

He told me to check Amazon, that was a bust. Because I purchased this years ago, he told me to check the store I bought it from. That's not going to happen, I bought it at Kohl's. If Amazon doesn't have it, Kohl's certainly isn't going to have it. I wear the Charge 2 now, and the Zip has been in a box since I can't replace the backing. I thought when I told Phil that I was trying to do something nice and give the Zip to a 5th grader at my day care, there would have been something. But they don't sell them, they just sell brand new watches. I am totally bumbed over this.

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me right now. I can't get a replacement back cover. It's very sad that Fitbit doesn't take simple steps that would be environmentally conscious, as well as helping their customers.

Best Answer

I have the same issue and upon contacting support, got the same results.  Fitbit needs to understand customers don't buy new product ever 2 years.  You need to be prepared to support parts replacement for several years after maturing a product.  I am not going to pay $60+ for a new one even if it a "good deal" just because the $1 plastic battery cover on my current model cracked.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Screw my steps, I'm going back to a Timex!
Best Answer
0 Votes
So Kieran. I guess I should not be surprised that I am joined in this
pursuit by several others. Since this is clearly not a unique problem and
many are having this negative experience. This is the time where FitBit has
a clear opportunity to “step” up and win their customers back. Or will you
continue to hide behind your legalese and loose the faith customers have
with your products and people? Hmmm big company objectives or what got you
their in the first place - one customer at a time.
Best Answer

I find these answers from support totally useless. how about getting us the specifications for the back cover so we can get it 3D printed with ABS plastic? It would be so easy to upload to Thingverse and make it available to everyone having this issue. I've asked several times for this. If I don't get a real answer soon, not a canned one, I am going to the specifications myself, test print, and share with everyone I can. the Right To Repair movement speaks directly to this issue - manufactured obsolescence - and not having replacements available, or even the specifications for it, is a strictly mercenary approach to capitalism and your consumer base.  Your customers have been telling you for YEARS they need this part and still you direct them to purchase a whole new unit, not caring about the waste or cost to the customer. Make it right - make the back cover specifications available or stock back covers. We are not purchasing new units - we will just use our phones (Apple Health, etc), instead. So your move, Fitbit...either serve your costumers or lose them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm surprised no one hasn't done a 3D print yet. 

I'm the life of an electronic device your zip is an antique, when a computer is only expected to last 3 years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many ways can I say thank you? I still haven't been able to find a back piece, so the Fitbit sits in my jewelry box, battery dead and the whole thing useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue I've only shared my 3D printed Zip parts a dozen times 🤓

My Fitbit Zip is Working Again!My Fitbit Zip is Working Again!

Recreated 3D Fitbit ZIP BackRecreated 3D Fitbit ZIP Back3D Recreation of Fitbit ZIP Tool3D Recreation of Fitbit ZIP Tool

Best Answer
0 Votes

@multostars dude. It's been on Thingiverse for 7 years! You're welcome, LOL 😄

Recreated 3D Fitbit ZIP BackRecreated 3D Fitbit ZIP Back

The one pictured above I had printed with ABS-like resin. They work great 🤠

I've thought about injection molding them but doubt enough people need 'em.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I've shared the 3D printed design for this over and over and over and over and over and over and over today made an individual post about it so, hopefully, people will see it. Download, print, ENJOY! 🙂 

20210129_225656.jpg

Best Answer

@Tree538 stop complaining and start printing! 🤠

DON'T wait for or expect Fitbit to do so because they've got current products to support, the Zip is antiquated and discontinued so if you love it then go to Thingiverse and print out a new cover. DONE!

Best Answer
0 Votes

cool. why didn't fitbit support point me to your posts? could've saved me so much time as i've been asking for a while. your posts have been buried, because my searches didn't show up anything thingverse related. i'm going to post this on twitter, so people i know searching for this can find it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@multostars IDK! They've removed and hidden several of my posts, including detailed walkthroughs on how to replace batteries in Fitbits. I guess my shares help people to use their loved technology and possibly prohibits them from selling newer stuff? No clues why the heck they'd remove this stuff. The fixes are simple and extend our enjoyment. Please give me a shout-out on Twitter, I'm @Williger 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You doubt enough people would need them? Have you seen the comments!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe people don't get trackers every 2 years but the Zip was released in 2012.

It should not be hard to find someone with a 3D printer, If not try your library or local collage, high school. a link to the file is above

Best Answer

sorry if I"m slow here; my fit battery cover lost one of its legs so won't close.  best way to get a replacement?  I don't know anything about 3D printers.  thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

can I get a replacement battery cover?  just wore out through normal use...thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes