Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually log missing steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to get back missing steps if the battery has gone dead? I synced after 1 pm (end of work week challenge) and then before 7 pm tried to sync again and my zip reverted to a noon sync.  I lost over 6,000 steps. Or is there a way to manually add steps and miles? Thank you, Sarah

Moderator edit: format and subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Heebs55! Notice that data could be lost if your tracker is not synced before replacing the battery. If this was the case you can manually log the missing steps by following the steps described in this post

However, keep in mind that manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges.  Also, if you're in a different time zone than the challenge owner, you may notice that your challenge leaderboard stats do not always match your dashboard stats.

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Forums @Heebs55! Notice that data could be lost if your tracker is not synced before replacing the battery. If this was the case you can manually log the missing steps by following the steps described in this post

However, keep in mind that manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges.  Also, if you're in a different time zone than the challenge owner, you may notice that your challenge leaderboard stats do not always match your dashboard stats.

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I’m having this issue too. (Note that my batter didn’t die; it just stopped doing anything for 6.5 hours yesterday.) When I click your link to the solution, it tells me I don’t have access to the page. Can you please just provide the solution here? Thanks!

Best Answer

I cannot see the solution either.  My fitbit would not sync.  I replaced the battery, and lost 7000 steps in the process. How do I manually add steps?  Every time I try to access the solution page, it tells me that I don't have permission to access it.

Best Answer

Same problem here. Cannot access the posted solution. Quite disturbing that there's been no reply after all this time!

Best Answer

Didn’t allow access to solution, what gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nearly two years later and this "best answer" is useless.  The post with the steps is "access denied".  I see I can add activities, but those don't allow me to add steps.  I left my FitBit charging in my car (the morning commute is a good time to do that), so I missed steps walking into the office, around the office, and back to my car to get it, but I'm unable to add the steps.  I can at least take a guess on the steps to and from the car, based on the step count after I put the FitBit back on....

Best Answer
If you log into your Fitbit dash board you should be able to manually log
the missing step. At the top it will say Dashboard, Log, and Community.
Click on Log. Then click on activities. Scroll down, you'll come across a
log activities area. If it is steps you need to log, click on the person
walking image. In the distance area add the steps you need to log and
change the drop down menu next to it from miles to steps. Then press the
log button. This should be all you need. It took awhile for me to find out
how to do this too. Hope it works for you.
Sarah
Best Answer

Sadly, I don’t see that on mine when I go to the Dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes