Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun not tracking Exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone else noticed that when they track exercise it sometimes saves and sometimes doesn't? When it doesn't save I have to log it manually and it ends up seeming to give me more steps on my dashboard than I think I've done 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Nice to see you here @Ollymum! This sounds odd. Can you send me an screenshot of the incorrect data you are receiving? Also, check that you have the latest app version (for Android or iOS). 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

This has also happened to me several times.  The walk will log on the map, but when I go back to the main app screen after finishing my walk it does not always show up.  So instead of showing 3 or 4 days walking, it might show just one for the week.  Other weeks it will show every walk.  Any ideas on what is causing this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is also happening to me. It happened this morning as well as yesterday

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, has happened many times so I always use MapMyWalk as backup but then it annoys me because if I manually enter that activity I get double steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bgwalks@Pooky0711, Welcome to the Community, nice to see new faces. @Myhushpuppy Nice to see you back. 

It sounds like you are using MobileRun to track your exercise through the Fitbit app. If you haven't already, try logging out from the app, restart your mobile device and then log back in again. That sometimes helps. Also as @LucyAP mentioned above, make sure you are on the latest version of the app. 

I'm also including the help article on MobileRun here, it explains a bit about how it works and may help find a solution. 

@Myhushpuppy, I'm not sure if you are getting duplicate steps from MapMyWalk, but manually logging activities should not result in double steps. When manually logging an activity, step and calorie data override the data automatically detected by your tracker during the same time period.

Hope this helps!  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit, what version is the most current for Zip? Also, I retried adding my 2.4 mile run I did on treadmill and my steps went from 11500 to 17500. I added it for the 54 minutes fitbit registered I was active but how do I keep the written log of miles or have my activity for the day be marked as complete if it only logs gps activity and I'm on treadmill?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have discovered that anytime I pause and then reume, my workout is not
tracked.
Best Answer
0 Votes