Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip and treadmill

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started using a treadmill for running. Problem #1... My Zip records the activity time and steps but doesn't check off my activity under my exercise goal box. The tracking function won't work because I'm indoors.

Problem #2...I want to keep a record of activity specific miles and use my treadmill data to record more accurate calories burned. If I manually enter I get double the steps. Do I need to just remove my tracker for treadmill runs and record manually?

Problem #3... If I record activity manually are those steps counted if I'm in a step challenge?

Thank you

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the community @Myhushpuppy! Those are very good questions! I'll be happy to help here. Please note that your tracker records steps using an accelerometer and it captures movements going forward. Keep in mind that when you're walking on a treadmill you're walking in the same spot; therefore your Zip might miss some steps there, also make sure you are walking at least 2 mph.

Please note that if you're wearing your Zip on a treadmill and then use that info to manually log your activity it will double your stats. 

Plus manually logged activities and activities tracked through any third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes