Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps on the Dashboard are not syncing to Challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've done several challenges with no problem.  But for some reason this one is getting confused.  My dashboard shows 12,338 steps yesterday, 21 steps today. My workweek challenge shows me at 12,155 steps total.  Not a lot, but the difference between 2nd and 3rd place.  I've confirmed the steps are syncing with the website properly.  We are all in the same time zone.  And I've restarted my phone.  Any other suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the community boards @kayakalison-  we're glad you're here. 🙂

The difference between 2nd and 3rd place is important! If your steps are already syncing to the website properly, the problem could be that your steps have synced to our database, but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in "Live Data Mode" (you'll see the word 'Connected' under your tracker tile). Are you manually logging steps? Steps are only counted when they are recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack in Challenges (No cheating! Smiley Wink ).

Also, if you're using Mobile Run but you didn't wear your tracker, the steps won't count either. One last thing! The battery on your tracker might be low...make sure it's charged up to get the most accurate step count in Challenges!  

Let me know if this helps and good luck in your workweek challenge! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

Hmmm...I SUPER appreciate the assistance but I'm going to need some clarification because it doesn't make sense to me.

1) I have a fitbit Zip (the basic model here) with the fitbit app for iOS (iPhone 5).  There is no "Live Data Mode" or "Connected" or even a "Tracker Tile" on this app for this device, maybe that's for the more fancy Fitbits?  What I DO have is a time/date stamp of the last time the app sync'd with the Zip with my ability to manually sync by pressing the "Sync Now" button.  And, in this case, my Zip is sync'd, and the steps shown on the face of my Zip match that in the dashboard.  It is only when I go to the Challenge that things are off.

2) No idea what Mobile Run but I'm not using anything special here, just walking and looking at the number on the fitbit, then looking at the number on the dashboard, then going "Huh, why is the number on the challenge different, that's weird."  I didn't even think it was possible to manually enter steps.

3) The battery is about 3 weeks old and shows as "Full".

Here's a screen shot in case it helps.  As you can see, 12,338 + 9395 = 21733 from the dashboard shots, but only 21,550 in the challenge.  And I've been lying here, typing this email for the last 10 minutes without moving.

IMG_9462.PNG

IMG_9461.PNG

IMG_9464.PNG

Best Answer

In these instances, it might take a few minutes for the Challenges to catch up. We do our best to get as close as we can. 

One additional thing you might try is tapping on the Zip option, and selecting sync now. That'll ensure that the steps are aligned quite nicely. Hope this helps, @kayakalison!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
This is happening to me too (for the 2nd time). My dashboard says10,460 steps but my challenge says 9,508
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Juliegeissler Smiley Happy

Challenges can be affected by the timezone of the members who are in it as well as any logged activities on your account, this includes MobileRun, manual logs and third party logging.

In this case, it's best to use your tracked steps (without mobile run or manual log) while stepping. Using any kind of manual logging when running or walking will not count towards your challenges.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem, and I get the same useless response from the fitbit people saying "wait 15 minutes after syncing" or "its the time zone issue" and I have no clue where to find this "Live data" crap they are talking about.

Solidarity with you and the steps!

Best Answer

Same problem here and same responses. I am losing about 850 steps a day -panel to challenge board. No manual entry and my tracker tracks all movement.

Best Answer

I am experiencing this frustrating issue as well and received the same support from fitbit, which was useless. I've lost 15,000 steps in my challenges so far this week.

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue… losing around 1.5K steps a day. Annoying when you’re participating in challenges 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner Yes, this can be very frustrating, especially in challenges. I suggest contacting Fitbit on Twitter if this happens again. When I've contacted them on Twitter about this, they've fixed it immediately, any time I've contacted them elsewhere, they've never fixed it. Actually, experienced similarly this week but you know what, it's OK cuz I'm gonna clean up this weekend on BINGO as a result LOL Have a great weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes