Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SYNC ZIP

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No step count for two full days on my zip!!!

Russian hacking???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@HJHC  pretty sure the steps not being there isn't due to Russian hacking or the fall equinox.

Try doing a restart of your device by removing the battery for at least two minutes. Maybe put in a fresh battery.

Are you using a computer or phone to sync? Android, iOS, Windows? Are you seeing any steps on the phone?

Try the restart and let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@HJHC  pretty sure the steps not being there isn't due to Russian hacking or the fall equinox.

Try doing a restart of your device by removing the battery for at least two minutes. Maybe put in a fresh battery.

Are you using a computer or phone to sync? Android, iOS, Windows? Are you seeing any steps on the phone?

Try the restart and let us know what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Up and running tks
Best Answer

Reboot worked tks . I was removing battery but just for a matter of seconds which I guess did not reboot

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HJHC  thanks for the update. I know my friend just takes the battery out and lets it sit for a bit before reinstalling it.

Now that you've found the forums, join in all the great discussions in the various areas of the community.

Keep on stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today is Sunday, October 1, 2017.  I do hate to be the fly in the ointment of success - alas - my FitBit Zip is once again flat out refusing to post my steps on my various computer dashboards. The zip itself is counting the steps and showing the numbers ie 13,000.

I went through the Samsung update "problem," did the update and everything appeared to go back to normal ... for a few days.

I've just spent faaaar too much of my day trying to come up with a solution to this ongoing disappointment with the FitBit Zip.

I have followed all of your instructions re Bluetooth and removing battery for 10 minutes, reinstalling, making sure the internal workings of the Zip are positioned properly, removing the dongle and reinstalling it. I can't think of anything more to try.

I would really appreciate a solution that I may not have tried as yet.

Many thanks for your attention. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

CANCEL THE ALERT!!! I no sooner hit SEND on the above missive of despair than my dashboard came back to life and lo and behold there was my missing 13,000 steps from yesterday plus my steps for today (which didn't amount to much considering my butt has been firmly attached to this computer chair most of the morning!)

Thanks for your attention 😉

Best Answer

@Slowmotion  it's happened to me before. It's a bit like your car is making a funny noise until the mechanic sticks his head under the hood and there isn't any noise.

Glad you're back and those steps returned.

Best Answer
0 Votes