Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zip already has info!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my new zip last night. Opened the package, put in the battery and downloaded the app on my phone and set up my profile. My zip says that yesterday I walked 98 steps? I haven't even put it on! Also it says that I've burned over 1300 calories.  Can I reset these numbers? I don't get how it tracks steps and calories when I haven't even put the thing on!!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to fitbit!

I can explain the calories. As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing is the total BMR calories burned since midnight. There's more information on this here: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1381

As for the 98 steps. It's not a lot and perhaps could just be caused by movement during the setup? Give a while in action and see if it seems to track steps ok.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to fitbit!

I can explain the calories. As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing is the total BMR calories burned since midnight. There's more information on this here: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1381

As for the 98 steps. It's not a lot and perhaps could just be caused by movement during the setup? Give a while in action and see if it seems to track steps ok.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Steve!

Best Answer
0 Votes