Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New battery issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got message today that my Zip battery was low.  I've had it for about six months, so I thought that was fair.  I changed the battery, and the icon turned green again.  A few hours later, I'm back to the low battery warning.  What's up with that?  I suppose the new battery could be a lemon, but could something else be going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for stopping by @Jot_and_Tittle! This is an odd situation. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had 2 new batteries since end of July (3 batteries and haven't had the zip a month yet) so not sure what the problem is

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @PT-UK! I really appreciate that you have shared your experience with Fitbit Zip. This is really helpful for us and it keep us improving our products and services. Please check you inbox, I have sent you a PM. 

Catch you later! 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a follow up:  Some days the icon is green; some days it's yellow; some days it's red.  I have no idea what the state of my battery is.

I'm disappointed with this product.  I was a FitBit One user for years.  I learned that a FB One would last a little over a year before it had to be replaced.  I liked the product and I was fine with that.  

I went to the Zip because it appears that the One is being phased out. They are difficult to find and expensive when available.  I have not been extremely pleased with the Zip, but I've managed.  A clearly malfunctioning battery monitor on a device that I've only had a few months (but too long to return) is unacceptable.  Reading other posts, I see that battery issues are not uncommon on this device.

I don't want a wrist tracker.  I'm afraid that I will be forced to bid good-bye to the FitBit universe soon.  After 6 or 7 years of mostly happy and valuable experience, I find that rather sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a great deal of trouble with batteries with my FitBit zip as well.  I've gone through over 40 batteries in the last six months (!).  A supposedly "new" battery would last less than a week before the battery warning image came on the display (flashing image of a battery with a line drawn through it).  I finally bought a ZTS pulse load multi-battery tester to check the status of any "new" battery as well as any battery that the zip device or the FitBit website, after syncing the product, indicated that the battery was low.  Admittedly, some of the batteries were "bad" as indicated by the battery tester.  Today I got a similar warning on my device and after checking the battery with my tester, it showed that it still had 80 percent of capacity.  After reading your post, I bent the smaller contact in towards the center (that was fun), replaced this battery and now the warning is gone and the tracker counts steps whereas it didn't when the battery warning was flashing.  It could be that it was a contact issue, so I'll check the contacts everytime I replace batteries.  However, too many users are reporting battery problems to make me believe that it is a contact issue every time.  I hope you are able to solve your issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes