Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip does not track the amount it time I spend working in the yard. I spent 2 hours digging weeds in the driveway and then buried part of the telephone wire, that got dug up when driveway work was done, and it registered 8 minutes. How can I get it track my work in the yard?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

If you look at the compare page the zip is not capable of doing this

https://www.fitbit.com/compare

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @auntiesjdSmiley Very Happy My friend @WendyB is right, have you checked the link she shared with you?

Zip will track and display the following:

• Steps taken

• Calories burned

• Distance traveled

• A clock

• The Fitbit Smiley, which highlights your recent activity level

To conserve battery life, your Zip sleeps during periods of inactivity. Zip will go to sleep after approximately 20 seconds if no steps are recorded. Once your Zip is asleep, its display will remain off until moved.

You may want to manually log an exercise for several reasons:

• If you forgot to wear your tracker
  • To get credit for a calorie-burning activity that isn't measurable by your tracker (such as breastfeeding).
  • If your tracker doesn't offer SmartTrack or multisport (exercise) mode

As a friendly suggestion, I'd like to let you know that Zip is most accurate when worn on or very close to the body. Ideal places to wear your Zip include a shirt pocket, bra, pants pocket, belt, or waistband. Try out a few different locations to see what is most comfortable and secure for you.

The Zip is not designed to be worn in direct contact with the skin. Always use the silicone holder when clipping it to a bra or waistband, with the display facing outward. Do not wear the Zip inside your bra.

Let us know if you need further help!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I manually add an activity

Best Answer
0 Votes

In order to manually log activities, do the following my friend @auntiesjd:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

If your iOS mobile device supports 3D Touch, you can also log an activity from the home screen with the Quick Action menu accessed by 3D Touch.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes