Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug in Dongle Message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to sync my zip icon at top of my iMac screen says dongle is connected-but when I try to sync it tells me to plug in my dongle-yet it puts the data on my sync page if I go to Fitbit dashboard.  Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Janbird welcome to the Fitbit Forums, we're glad to see you here. Thanks for getting back @fredalsoRobot Happy

Thanks for the steps that you've tried to fix the issues with your Wireless Dongle. You can try the next steps to troubleshoot this:

• Remember to check if your computer is running the latest OS. 
  • If you're using the Fitbit App, check if is up to date here.

(Mac only) If your computer has Bluetooth, go to your System Preferences and verify that it is turned on. Note that even when Bluetooth is on, the signal can occasionally be weak or problematic. When this happens, plug the wireless sync dongle into a USB port on your computer as shown. If your Mac doesn't have Bluetooth the dongle is required. For more information see:  Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

User-added image

If the dongle is plugged in, your computer should be able to recognize it. To check, on your computer find and click the icon with a Fitbit logo. It is located near the date and time. If you see "USB Dongle Disconnected," try a different USB port.

@fredalso You can uninstall the firewall of your computer and install the Fitbit App again. But if you're having issues with the Fitbit App, you can download the Fitbit Connect version. To download Fitbit Connect click here. If your device is paired to the Fitbit app, it syncs every time you open the app. If you turn on All-Day sync it also syncs periodically throughout the day. If you sync your device with a computer and Fitbit Connect, it syncs automatically every 15 to 30 minutes when the Fitbit device and computer are nearby, and the dongle is plugged in.

Image of what the dongle looks like

If you're getting a specific error message, please let me know.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Forums @fredalso! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Connect. Upon checking with Support I was able to see that you have a case with them. 

The best option at the moment is to continue working with them. I'm sure that they can help further with this and get you back on track in no time. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

amazingly my zip and dongle are talking to each other again, so it wasn't the dongle as Fitbit support told me. Fantastic end to my nightmare-but Fitbit could hire people who speak good English for their customer support staff, by the way thanks Fitbit.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @fredalso! I appreciate your feedback about Support. I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience. Please keep me posted if you have more questions or need further help.  

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

This is happening to me too! The dongle is plugged in but for some reason it does not register.

Is it broken? Do they wear out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

trouble started again the fitbitlogointhedock shows the dongle is connected-but when I try to sync it says dongle not connected-but all info gets loaded just as if it synced because I can go to Fitbit .com dashboard-all info is there-something screwy---what is it?????can't load latest  app -it just says an error occured when trying to instal. anyway you say that the latest app is just to work with latest models of Fitbit which I don't have and don't want.  mine is an old zip!  what the hades is going on??????. have revceie no help so far that hassled the problem- new dongle didn't help installed new dongle and it worked fine for about a week then went back to not working

Best Answer

Hi @Janbird welcome to the Fitbit Forums, we're glad to see you here. Thanks for getting back @fredalsoRobot Happy

Thanks for the steps that you've tried to fix the issues with your Wireless Dongle. You can try the next steps to troubleshoot this:

• Remember to check if your computer is running the latest OS. 
  • If you're using the Fitbit App, check if is up to date here.

(Mac only) If your computer has Bluetooth, go to your System Preferences and verify that it is turned on. Note that even when Bluetooth is on, the signal can occasionally be weak or problematic. When this happens, plug the wireless sync dongle into a USB port on your computer as shown. If your Mac doesn't have Bluetooth the dongle is required. For more information see:  Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

User-added image

If the dongle is plugged in, your computer should be able to recognize it. To check, on your computer find and click the icon with a Fitbit logo. It is located near the date and time. If you see "USB Dongle Disconnected," try a different USB port.

@fredalso You can uninstall the firewall of your computer and install the Fitbit App again. But if you're having issues with the Fitbit App, you can download the Fitbit Connect version. To download Fitbit Connect click here. If your device is paired to the Fitbit app, it syncs every time you open the app. If you turn on All-Day sync it also syncs periodically throughout the day. If you sync your device with a computer and Fitbit Connect, it syncs automatically every 15 to 30 minutes when the Fitbit device and computer are nearby, and the dongle is plugged in.

Image of what the dongle looks like

If you're getting a specific error message, please let me know.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes