Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Zip purchase question

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I currently own a FitBit Alta HR (1st FitBit) and a Charge 2 HR.  I alternate between them.  I have reasons for liking both.  Originally purchased them for tracking heartbeat and sleep and with the hopes of trying to get a little more active.  Here's my conundrum.  Being morbidly obese and not physically able to be on my feet for any length of time due to bad knee, bad leg and other issues...I purchased a Cubii Jr Elliptical.  You use it while sitting down in pretty much any type of chair or sofa.  It's the only thing we have room for that I can actually use.  Tried using a recumbent bike at the physical therapy place years ago and couldn't get both feet up on the pedals.  Today was my third day using it.  Starting very slowly as that's all I can handle. 

Now that I've rambled, I'll get onto the question.  I'm thinking about getting a zip to use when I use the elliptical.  I figure it would be easy to clip onto my shoe.  I know I could somehow wrap my Alta or Charge onto the bungee laces but don't want the FitBit flopping around or falling off.  Will using the zip work clipped onto my shoe?  Can I wear both the zip and the Alta or Charge at the same time?  Or will having them both on cause them to now know which one is in use?  As I increase my time on the elliptical, I want to be able to track my heart rate.  Just looking for any suggestions from anyone else who has gotten the zip to use in a similar way.  Right now whatever steps I am getting by using the elliptical aren't being counted.  As I increase my time I would hate to loose out on all those steps.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa from New Hampshire
Aria 2, IOS, MacOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Lisa

I have a fitbit zip, and to be honest, I don't know why more of the units are not wearable elsewhere on the body than the wrist. I actually clip mine onto my underwear so I know that ever time I move my hip my steps are counted, so this would probably work well too on a bike thingy.

Otherwise I'm sure you could clip it onto your socks or shoe and it would work

Alexis

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the response.  Do you happen to know if it can be worn with another FitBit at the same time?

Lisa

Lisa from New Hampshire
Aria 2, IOS, MacOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great help @Lexilooloo! Thanks for stopping by @nhlisa! I appreciate for sharing your interest in Fitbit products. 

Regarding your question about Zip, like all Fitbit trackers, Zip is designed specifically for step-based activities like walking and running, though it will still give you credit for other fitness activities to present a full picture of your overall health. Keep in mind that we do not recommend wearing the Zip on your ankle. You can check out the help article How do I wear my tracker?

You can manually log activities that Zip or any other tracker won't track well (like cycling or yoga) from your Fitbit account if you'd like a more accurate calorie and distance summary from your Zip. You can find more information about logging activities by going to How do I manually log an activity or exercise?

About your question of wearing multiple trackers at the same time, e designed the multiple device feature for customers who want to wear different devices at different times of day or night. No combination of devices is more helpful or accurate than a single device. For best results and the most accurate dashboard, switch your devices and remember to sync each one before removing it. You can read more about this in the help article Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account?

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for the response but I'm a little confused by something.  The Fitbit Zip isn't meant to be worn on a wrist as it doesn't come with any kind of band.  It's meant to be clipped onto something.  I've read that people clip it on their shoe while doing something where the watch band wouldn't normally count steps.  For instance I have a Cubii eliptical that you use while sitting down in a regular chair.  My arms don't move at all while using it and I'm loosing "steps".  Right now it's not a big deal because I started doing 3 minutes last week and this week I'm doing 4.  Next week will be 5.  I'm slowly increasing my time as my body will allow.  I was hoping to be able to use the zip or even put my Alta HR, Charge 2 or Versa on my shoe.  I've seen a host on QVC do that when she demonstrated the Cubii.  I was hoping using the Cubii could count as steps.  I will read the article on how to manually log activity or exercise to see if there's anything in there that can help.

Ok, so it's not recommended to wear two devices at once.  I understand.  I have been switching between 2 Fitbits for a while and now have a third, so I've got the whole syncing thing down.

Lisa

Lisa from New Hampshire
Aria 2, IOS, MacOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @nhlisa! Thanks for the update and for all your input, I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

As you mentioned, some users wear the Zip on their shoe since it helps them to record more steps for the type of activities you mentioned. However, we don't recommend it because the Warranty Policies don't cover user damage or if you loose it. 

I appreciate that you have mentioned that you are using some tracker at the same time and that is working for you. Just remember that this might affect your dashboard's accuracy.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes