Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with zip or app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello I'm having trouble with the zip or the app everytime I enter to the app and try to sync the app shows "zip not found" is beem doing this for more than 10 days I dont know what to do. I have a android phone.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

You may have noticed that the vast majority of recent posts here have been about sync problems. If you'e using an Android phone with Android 8 or earlier on it, there may be some hope, but if the phone has Android 9 on it, there's not much that can be done. If that's the case, your only real option is to remove and reinstall the battery. This will allow the Zip to sync once or twice within a short period of time after you do it.

If you have an older unused Android phone or an ios device, you can set that up as your "Sync Station". I actually bought an old iPhone with a cracked screen off of ebay for cheap. The display looks horrible, but the Zip syncs with it instantly when it's in range while it can spend 24 hours within range of my Android phone and not sync once. I plugged in a power cord and tossed it behind my computer and the Zip syncs with it as soon as I walk thru the front door. It bugs me immensely that I had to do that, but it does work.

Fitbit has been aware of this problem for over a year and has not been able to fix it. In that time, they've quietly discontinued the Zip and have essentially abandoned the Zip Community; we no longer get support from Fitbit staff or moderators here. Sadly, we're on our own.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You will get no support from this company. All they want to sell is crappy inaccurate expensive wrist worn products. I recommend finding a more ethical honest supplier.

Best Answer

Hi @PRmom  have things changed since you posted this? Which version of Android do you have? You may need to restart the device, which means removing the battery for at least ten seconds. Try that and see if that helps. Sometimes a restart gets things going again. Also, be sure you have the latest app for your phone and your phone is compatible. Let us know what happens.

@SunsetRunner  my friend has Android 4.4.1 and her phone doesn't have the latest app and isn't doing everything she'd like. I gave her my old Android 5.0.1 phone and it's worked for her, much as your iOS phone does for you. It's one way to workaround until things settle down. I'm not sure my friend wants to get a different phone.

@cjocommunity  the Zip was retired, but the Inspire device can be purchased with an optional clip, which makes it an updated version of the Zip. No more batteries to replace and the ability to wear on the wrist for special occasions.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 The Inspire is not a very good replacement for the Zip, imo.

I don't view the rechargeable battery as a plus relative to the replaceable battery in the Zip. The Zip battery lasts for months, allowing me to clip the Zip to my boot and forget about it while the Inspire has to be removed and recharged every week.

I can have the Zip and my Charge 3 or Versa on my Fitbit account at the same time, but the Fitbit app forces me to uninstall the Charge 3 or Versa If I want to add the Inspire to the account.

Finally, in my case, while both the Zip and the Inspire are extremely accurate at counting steps (I've been doing extensive tests of 7 different trackers this past week in an attempt to find a viable replacement for the Zip... and wearing them alL at the same time. Lol), the Inspire picks up quite a few more false readings. By the end of the day, the step count from the Inspire is about 1000 higher than the Zip due to this. This is the case regardless of weather I wear them on the boot or clipped to my jeans. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seven trackers at once? You must have a very long wrist!

Zip batteries. My friend says only the Energizer 2025 batteries work well for her. Do you find them to be the best for you? She tried others, but said they didn't last very long.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Lol! I've only been wearing two on my wrist. One in the coin pocket of my jeans and the rest in clips attached either to my pocket or one of my boots (I've been rotating them to see if they work better in one position vs another).

Surprisingly to me, they've all proven to be extremely accurate at counting actual steps. the differences are in how they respond to other events like conversational hand movements or rocking out on the guitar. Do they discard those events or consider them to be steps?

So far, the Garmin devices (Vivofit 3 and Fenix 6S, which I realize is in a completely different class than the Zip) have been kicking butt and taking names. I also love that the Garmin app will let me have multiple devices connected, even when they're the same device!

I've been using Sony batteries in my Zips with good success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see having to charge the thing as being any kind of advantage. I had four One's and that was the most annoying feature, especially as failing to charge properly killed three of them. I hate wrist wear with a passion but was recommended the Zip, just before it was retired. Hence my dim view of Fitbit as a company. How difficult is it for a company to understand that many customers do not want to wear plastic crap on their wrists? Especially a company that has lost its way and is hurting financially?  Screwing you loyal customer base doesn't usually help and this companies following was built on decent software and the Fitbit One. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find anything not wrist mounted that works well? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

With any device i have that wants a 2025 battery, i replace it with a 2032 battery. This is a more common battery, that is usually dress her when bought and has 30% more power. 

Best Answer