Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing rejected by Zip

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All DIY instructions followed and customer support contacted. So disappointing. After an hour on the phone, I was emailed replacement options. Is this a known issue? I have a droid Galaxy S4 never had issues with synching from my Zip until recently. It would be nice to know what the issue is and if there is a resolve prior to selecting a replacemnet that may end up with the same issue.

BTW Customer Support is basically a big waste of time...they make you perform all the DIY instructions all over again.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My zip was doing this, I was able to get the zip to sync by granting location services to my Fitbit app settings. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hey @Joytobe, thank you for joining the Forums! Sorry for all the inconveniences you had with your Zip and thank you for your comments, this is not an existing issue with the Fitbit Zip, it just happen to some users and we take care of all of them. I appreciate the time you took to fix this issue yourself and I'm glad to know that you're receiving a replacement now.

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Galaxy S4 too and have developed a paring issue. Zip rejects phone 😞 

Best Answer

It unfortunate for us that customer service does not state why this issue is occuring. The end result is replacing the zip. If there is an issue between the two devices I'm afraid after time, I'll encounter the same pairing issue with the replacement zip as well.  Not good. 

Best Answer
Thank you
How long did you have your original zip. Mine is 2 1/2 years old and I
sometimes think it's battery related. I'm going to try changing the
battery again tonight.
J
Best Answer
0 Votes

1 year old; changing the battery  was the first thing I did, that did not work. Although, removing and/or changing the battery resets the zip and is included in diy instructions.

Best Answer
Mine paired, resetting time etc, sometime this afternoon. No clue why. May
have to call CS about this and have a replacement sent. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Likewise feeling frustrated 're not pairing with other apps. Also, sync very unreliable. Keeps telling me it can't find my zip even when it's sitting next to my phone!

Best Answer

My zip is now 2 days old. It worked fine yesterday, and now it is rejecting pairing on my Note 5.  This is awful

Best Answer

Hello @Jeansquine@Joytobe@ZoeAnne and @Ta2steph, hope you're doing good. 

I know that this is a little bit delayed, but I'll be glad to help. Id like to start sharing with you the compatible devices page so you can check if the device you're using to sync is compatible with the Fitbit app. However, even if your device is not compatible, please follow these steps in the order it appears:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App.

2. Turn off the Bluetooth, WiFi or mobile data and phone.

3. Once the previous steps are done, restart the Fitbit using these instructions:

• Open the battery door using the battery door tool and remove the battery.
  • Wait 10 seconds.
  • Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.

4. Turn the phone, Bluetooth and Internet connection back on and try to sync again.

If the previous steps does not work, you can also try the syncing process with a different mobile device or use the computer by downloading the Fitbit Connect software.

Let me know if this works. Cat Happy

Best Answer
Thank you. In the end I phoned customer services and they said there was a
problem with my Zip. It kept restarting on its own. I now have a Flex 2 and
whenever it doesn't sync I unpair on bluetooth and pair again. Seems to be
all good so far.
Ruth
Best Answer

Mine 6 mo. old unit started keeping time only when battery was in and would not sync, I. tried "shut down" and reboot. Days of no reset. As pissed off as I was, I still bought a new Zip to replace F'ed up unit. If this one goes after only 6 months, I'll be really PO'd.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2 zips and a flex and none of them pair with my phone.  I have a Galaxy 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jeansquine@madaketmark and @lmckiel, welcome to the Community forums! Smiley Wink

@Jeansquine glad to know that you own a Flex 2 now, I'd like to share with you the user manual so you can have all the information about this awesome tracker.

@madaketmark it's odd that your Fitbit stop working after 6 months, if you have issues again with this tracker, post again in the Community so any of us can help you out.

@lmckiel this sounds odd, have you tried the steps I posted above? If so and is still not working, please post again and provide as many details you can.

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the directions listed and it still doesn't work.  I get one of 2 messages.  Either pairing rejected by zip or can't communicate with zip.

Best Answer

@lmckiel, hope you’re enjoying the forums! Thank you for posting again with the information requested, since you already tried all the suggested troubleshooting and you're still getting error messages while trying to sync, I've escalated your case to our Support Team so they can review what's wrong with the tracker and provide you more information to get you back on track, please check the inbox of the email address you used to create the Community account.

Catch you later. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to uninstall and re-install, but noticed I hadn't updated my app in awhile. So I updated it, and PROBLEM SOLVED: for now. I'll see how it works out tomorrow. Thanks!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @2Nicole! I really appreciate that you have shared how you solve this. Sharing your solution can be of help for other users that might be experiencing the same difficulty. Please feel free to post back if you need more help.

Catch you later! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip has connected to my phone fine until time to change the battery now it won't pair back up. I have tried everything. So frustrating. 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Jessw82! I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing that you investigated before posting and performed some troubleshooting. 

Make sure that you have restarted your Zip, by following these steps. Also, double check that you have followed the steps to setup your tracker as described here

I look forward for your reply! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes