Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing rejected by Zip

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All DIY instructions followed and customer support contacted. So disappointing. After an hour on the phone, I was emailed replacement options. Is this a known issue? I have a droid Galaxy S4 never had issues with synching from my Zip until recently. It would be nice to know what the issue is and if there is a resolve prior to selecting a replacemnet that may end up with the same issue.

BTW Customer Support is basically a big waste of time...they make you perform all the DIY instructions all over again.

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

My zip was doing this, I was able to get the zip to sync by granting location services to my Fitbit app settings. 

Best Answer

Ugggh just as I dreaded now my Galazy S8 is having the same issue my previous zip had...the beginning of this post. None of the DIY instructions work. Guess I have to call customer service again. What a pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Happening too many times.  Stopped into AT&T, my cell provider and the rep spent 1/2 hour trying to get it to work.  It's just not pairing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not solved...galaxy 8 now doing the same thing. I got a new battery...worked for a week...I know the battery is not dead...will hot sync. How can someone else solve an issue when they are not having the issue??? Fraud.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem- for what ever reason my Fitbit wont stay connected to my phones bluetooth. It I take the battery out and put in again it will for for about 4 hrs, then nothing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new Galaxy S10. 

I have tried everything Fitbit support suggested and after all the communication and Youtube videos; it still does not sync.  It will only sync if I take the battery out and put it back in.

I am going to go to Verizon and see if they can help.

I am very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new zip and I'm still having the same problem. It still rejects from zip

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Only pairs after restarting for zip and one. Very frustrating. We shouldn't have to restart every day 

Best Answer
I find it that Fitbit no longer supports some phones; even ones a year old
😞 I'm off the Fitbit track now!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh dear. I don't want to give it up yet. Due a phone upgrade so maybe that's the answer. Thanks

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think that will make a difference.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
That's good to hear. Hopefully the support team will helpsoon. Fed up now . Thanks

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated! Android s5, finds Zip, won't pair. Zip rejects pair. Computer won't sinc automatically to it either! Turn off bluetooth, remove battery, over and over again...I'm ready just to throw it away!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit should fix the Zip program.  I don't want to wear one if their watches.But that's what they want everyone to buy.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree; however  I have just upgraded my phone and it's working better niw

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone! I've followed every instruction listed as well & even tried different phones. It either doesn't acknowledge my fitbit or declines pairing. I wish they'd fix it asap. Idk how long it's been like this but I just discovered it hasn't synced in 5 days! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

MarlenS, 

Those instructions are plastered all over Google & I've followed them to a "T". The devices are compatible because I've been using it for 6 months on the same phone. I've tried it from 2 other devices & they too could not find it or pair was rejected. My device is only 6 months old & my battery is fully charged. All my permissions & settings are what they should be. 

I know this post was originally from 2017 but there are some recent replies. Fitbit needs to be accountable for this if all of the sudden massive amounts of users go from working one day to not the next. I think the form reply about checking the phone compatibility had nothing to do with this post. Our phwere all compatible yesterday? Please give us genuine feedback. 

Best Answer
I got feedback last week saying it was a known issue with android and they are working on it. They advised me to sync using another device in the meantime. Ok if you are lucky enough to win other devices!.  I'm having the same problem with  my Fitbit one as well

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, a out the same for me. Then yesterday after posting my
frustrations.... I checked the notifications on the app, thinking maybe
there was something there.... all of a sudden my phone sinc! WTH, then
today won't sinc again. ..
So, Idk what is hping on, but it is Def a Fitbit issue!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Turned location off then back on.  Device was found then.

Best Answer
0 Votes