Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i've had a problem with my zip not consistently syncing with my phone/account. Some days it will sync once or twice, some days it doesn't sync at all. It used to sync all the time.with my Galaxy S8+. I end up having to restart my zip (take the battery out) and then it will sync after that but it still will not consistently sync ( i do have the sync now and all day sync functions enabled. This has been going on for a couple months now. Was wondering if any else has had this problem or knows how to fix it? 

Thanks

Dwight

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Yes, I have not been able to sync my zip since April. Don't know what to do. Uninstalled the app then reinstalled, still doesn't work.

Best Answer

Ok, I just restarted my zip by removing the battery and then reinserting. Pressed sync and my app. That seemed to work. Yay finally! 

Best Answer

Oh no, now won't sync again. Need to constantly remove battery to sync. That  is bad. Sucks!

Best Answer

Thanks, still haven't been able to figure out what is going on my zip, it's gone 2 days and hasn't synced-uurrgh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the company itself has made this happen so we will buy more expensive products. Not fair.

Best Answer

Thing is they don't offer a comparable clip in version to even upgrade too. It sucks, cause no competitors offer a good alternative either.

I hate wristbands.I hate the feel. Often have to take off because they interfere with work and chores. Much easier to forget to put back on, oppose to Zip discreetly clipped to cloths. Blue light screen wake me out of sleep.

Best Answer

I bought a new zip, had this same problem,  returned it, and am now having the problem with this zip as well. It only syncs when I remove the battery. I have an android watch and don't want to wear a Fitbit watch as well. I'm so frustrated!!

Best Answer

I have EXACTLY the same problem. But I don't want to keep taking the battery out in case it ruins it. I may give Fitbit a call. 

Best Answer

If you have an Android phone with Android 9 or later, there's no point in calling. The only long-term solution is to continue removing and reinstalling the battery when you want to sync. They'll probably have you try a dozen different things before eventually getting to that fact.

The Zip doesn't work properly with Android 9 and, since it's a discontinued product, this is probably as good as it gets unless new code for one of their supported devices happens to fix the issue. After 10+ months of this problem, that seems pretty unlikely.

Best Answer

Don't bother. For months I called. I'm already on my 3rd zip that still won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Called yesterday, no sync with pixel 3xl. Fitbit  solution was remove/replace battery. Kept old Samsung phone so I can sync.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah- that is what I figured. I've given up on Fitbit, it been well over a
year and a half since my Zip really worked. Canceled my account. Their
product service is terrible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone have a recommendation on a non-Fitbit replacement tracker?

Best Answer

My Fitbit hasn't updated since 7/8.  I have taken the battery out and replaced and it still isn't syncing.  I too hate wrist bands and prefer the pedometer, so not sure what to do if it won't sync.

Best Answer

So after much reading, the ZIP is done. It's not on the website anymore which is why i'm assuming it isn't working anymore. I read through here the Inspire can replace it. It has a clip you can buy separately. I just placed my order so lets hope this works now. If it doesn't i'm done. I'll find something else. Fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to finally sync when I used the dongle with my PC.  I had been trying to use my phone this whole time and that wasn't working.  Hope everyone else has some luck too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new phone yesterday--samsung galaxy s10, and it won't link up to the app to sync. The app shows that i have the zip, but it won't link up. I'm really frustrated. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
You just need to remove and replace the battery for each sync.

That is the 'workaround' given to me by tech support.
Best Answer
0 Votes