Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Zip...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is better to do a really long walking workout of 50 minutes at once or to do 30 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening.

For example, yesterday, I did about 49-50 minutes of walking workouts, some in the morn some in the evening and it said I burned ~1700 cals for the day. Today, I walked the same amount of time all at once, and it said I burned ~3,000 cals. I didn't know if it was a mistake or what. If it is accurate, it makes more sense to do a really long workout all at once...Anyway, if anyone else has had this situation or a similar one, please let me know. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @smiley83, it's cool to have you here in the Community. Cat Very Happy Very good question! The amount of calories change depends on the intensity of your walking workouts. Something that is related to the way you burn calories are the "Active minutes", those are calculated when the activity you're doing is more strenuous than regular walking, which includes everything from a brisk walk to a cardio workout or run. So in other words, the most active minutes you do, the more calories you will burn, could be in your morning/evening sessions, like the ones you mentioned or all at once. But for example on your morning/evening sessions, you will see you burn less calories because one session could be less intense than the other one. On the other side, if you do around 50 minutes in a row of walking, the calories burned will be higher. 

In addition, I can tell you that in my experience, I believe that if you exercise every day, it's better to do walking workouts in the morning and evening, but if you exercise maybe 3 or 4 days in a week, I believe is better to do all at once. It all depends on how often you exercise or how active you are. 

I hope this helps. But if you have additional questions, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes