Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement device or alterations for arm amputee?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My father is an arm amputee. He has a Fitbit Zip because it attaches to the belt loop instead of the wrist and a battery which he only requires help to change occasionally vs having to charge on a regular basis. The zip was discontinued. As it gets older it’s starting to have syncing problems. The entire family has a Fitbit as we like to stay connected through it via the competitions.  Luckily we have been able to reset and it is syncing again. But we thought we were going to have to replace. When searching the product and talking to customer service, I was surprised to find that Fitbit no longer appears to have a device that is amputee friendly. 

has anyone else experienced this problem? What device or alterations are people using to still use Fitbit when you can’t charge it regularly or strap to a wrist? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Probably nothing that customer support hasn't told you, but I think the Inspire 2 is the only model currently sold that comes with a clip (optional extra).  Supposedly up to 10 days battery life.  None of the current models have a replaceable battery.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@J_roz First do this:

(not my original picture)(not my original picture)

If this doesn't work, add a small centimeter square of the cardboard the batteries are on, this will help to secure the back cover which may have slightly extended over time. These solutions work over 90% of the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@J_roz try my suggestions and let me know how it works out. If it doesn't work, I know a guy with a dozen Zips. Look for a bald man with a Goatee, named @Williger, he's often in these community forums 😉 

CockadoodlezipCockadoodlezip

PS. NONE of these worked until applying the recommended solutions. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If this is still an issue for you, I am a person who had my right arm amputated and I have the Sense.  I found a magnetic band, which I can get on somewhat easily, with some practice and I tighten it with my mouth.  It stays on all day with no issues.  image.png

Best Answer

Hi @Williger Can u pls explain your cardboard tip again? And how does it help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a zip that I use a chain or thin piece of leather that I tie around my neck (and tuck into my bra) so as not to lose it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion.  The only part I didn’t understand fully was the cardboard.  Do u find a piece of cardboard n place it on top on the battery, so cardboard touches the cover?

Best Answer
0 Votes