Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Zip not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Zip users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119
1/ purchased 16.7.17
2/ phone galaxy s4
3/ system anroid 5.0.1 lollipop
4/ isp provider bt
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Right after I did the last update.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? I have a Samsung S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Updated to Version 6.0.1 when my zip stopped connecting.
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? I have Verizon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit. Please note: CORRECTION:  since August 18

There has been a sinc on August 21 at 1:45pm firmware version 5. All info up u til then is correct and uploaded. 

However, I still can not since to my fitbit zip. I still can't figure out how to since it using my Samsung Tablet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the 17th zip is not syncing, Verizon is carrier, S5 device and 6.0.1 software version

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung -SM-J320A. Version 6.0.1

Security patch level 7/01/17. It stopped syncing my ZIP in July.

I contacted Fitbit twice, ended up having a new zip sent, still doesn't sync the new one.

Hope there's a fix soon!

Best Answer

Fitbit sent me a new Zip as well.  Still doesn't sink with the Fit app.  Can only sync with the PC dongle.  Really miss being able to sync with my phone and Kindle tablet as before.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with the latest update from mid summer.  Everything stopped after that update.  Hope we get a fix really soon!

Best Answer

My phone stopped has not been able to sync since 08/04/17. I have Verizon & Samsung S5. Android OS is 6.0.1. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? After I did the update on August 12,2017
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?Samsung Galaxy 5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

I am so Frustrated with the ZIP

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you use PC dongle? What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues:  I hadn't tried to sync since 8/1, began trying 8/17, have tried every step in trouble shooting and nothing works.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have: Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
  4. What phone provider do you have:  Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes
OS version is 6.0.1
Best Answer
0 Votes

Running Android 7 edge nougat version. Just realized my fit bit hasn't synced since May 22!

Is there something to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Thanks very much for your patience! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Thanks very much for your patience! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit zip won't even pair with my phone. Samsung galaxy s8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

• When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? 8/9
  • What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung 5
  • What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 6.0.1 Marshmellow
  • What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nougat system, Samsung 7 edge, verizon wireless, since last may

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank or your reply. I was getting frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit Thank you for your reply. In the meantime what should I do with fitbit? I am having trouble with setting up on another device. What am I doing wrong? I tried PC dongle. I also tried my Samsung tablet. It didn't link to fitbit automatically. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no other way to download than my phone at this time. My Zip won't stnc, but Fit Bit can tell me the battery is full after changing it. Zip syncs with blue tooth, just not to the Fit Bit program.

Best Answer
0 Votes