Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps missing after sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I synced my zip, which had my steps right but incorrect calories and time. After the sync, the steps were gone, calories reset to zero, and time accurate at 6:18. Dashboard show zero steps for today and none of the steps I walked yesterday but it shows the new sync minutes before. What's wrong?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Runman76! Thanks for describing the issue you are experiencing with your Zip. This sounds odd, your Zip should not be clearing your steps all of a sudden.

In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your Zip will have some issues when this is bent. The process can be followed here

Regarding the missing steps, if you remember the amount of steps you can manually log them. To manually log your steps you can check out this post.

I hope this helps! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @Runman76! Thanks for describing the issue you are experiencing with your Zip. This sounds odd, your Zip should not be clearing your steps all of a sudden.

In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your Zip will have some issues when this is bent. The process can be followed here

Regarding the missing steps, if you remember the amount of steps you can manually log them. To manually log your steps you can check out this post.

I hope this helps! 😉 

Best Answer

It looks like there may have been two problems. The battery may have been low, but the primary problem was exactly what you suggested: the side spring was not aligned with the marking line; it was pushed too far back. I believe this was causing it to make inconsistent contact with the battery and only work intermittently. Thanks very much for the help!

Best Answer

Great news @Runman76! So good to hear that you are back on track. Feel free to post back if you need further help. 😉 

Keep up the supper stepping! Smiley Very Happy

P.S. Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Best Answer
0 Votes