Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I lost my fit bit a few months ago then recently I started receiving fit bit emails about how far I've walked..but obviously someone started using it. I'm confused as to how it got synced to my account if the person who stole it doesn't know my password. and is there a way to locate it since they are still using my account?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your stolen fitbit will still sync to your account if it comes within range of a computer with the software installed and wireless dongle in place. This doesn't mean that they have access to your account or data as it doesn't need to logon to do this.

If the person who stole it sets up their own account and adds your fitbit it will delete any data on it and reassign it to their account so you will stop getting the emails.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to track it. 

If you want to stop getting the emails you could logon to your account and remove the device.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Your stolen fitbit will still sync to your account if it comes within range of a computer with the software installed and wireless dongle in place. This doesn't mean that they have access to your account or data as it doesn't need to logon to do this.

If the person who stole it sets up their own account and adds your fitbit it will delete any data on it and reassign it to their account so you will stop getting the emails.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to track it. 

If you want to stop getting the emails you could logon to your account and remove the device.

Best Answer

my fitbit was stolen and unfortunately finders keepers 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Mine was stolen and it just recently had the device drop off my account.

I won't be replacing it. Fitbit lack of theft control/security shows how much they care for their customers.  I'd happily brick my device before allowing someone steal/sell it.

Thanks for your lack of care. Maybe the thief will buy a new one after it breaks.

Best Answer

Fitbit is less than helpful.  Under "Lost or Stolen" they only address "lost."

I'll bet there is a code in each device that Fitbit could use to keep stolen devices from using the website.

Best Answer
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What I don't understand is. Fitbit HQ has serial numbers for all of these devices. If my fitbit gets stolen. I should be able to contact HQ and tell them my info and say that it's stolen. Here's the police report. And all they have to do is flag it. If the serial number connects to the network then a message pops up saying this device has been lost please call this number to help return it.

I mean jesus Apple got their tracking stuff working back in 2011. Even with the ipod touches and those didn't have cellular or gps service.

Best Answer
0 Votes